69

A/N: Pre warning, big fight scene in this chapter which I struggle to write, so bare with me. Because its all one big action scene, it will be a big chapter. 

"Hydra doesn't like leaks" Sitwell admits, his voice shaky, expression wild and scared. I roll my eyes. "Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam says looking at Sitwell via the rear view mirror. When Nat moves to peak over Steve shoulders, I hold in my annoyance as I am being squished in the middle seat, between Sitwell and Nat. 

"Insight's launching in 16 hours. We're cutting it a little bit close here" She says, noticing Sitwell's anxiousness from the corner of my eye I smile slyly. "I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly" Steve says making me let out a sound of realization "ahh so that's why he is still here" I say looking next to me, to which Sitwell ignores and looks to Steve. 

"What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea" He says, lastly before a thud can be heard on the roof of the car, and then the side window smashes and a hand strikes in and pulls Sitwell out of the car, throwing him onto the traffic filled road.

Noticing the silver hand, I curse grabbing my gun from my holster. Just as his footsteps can be heard followed by gun shots piercing the car roof, barely missing my head as I unbuckle and roll into Sitwell's spot, while Nat climbs into Steve's lap. Aiming my gun up I shoot once before Sam pulls the break, stopping the car and making the Winter Solider fall onto the road in front of us. Watching as he falls, I grimace as he lands, his metal hand digging into the road.  Aiming my gun, along with Nat. I go to shoot when a car rams into us forcing me to hit my head on the drivers seat, dropping my gun during the process. "Fuck" I mutter. Looking up in time to watch as we edge closer to where the Winter Solider stands before he flips over and on top of the car, smashing the glass behind me. Quickly reacting I grab my gun, from the floor and move to sit on the console between Steve and Sam, whilst Sam drives and Nat reaches for her gun, I shoot bullets into the roof where I think he lays. My shots go in  vain as he climbs over the roof of the car and breaks through the windscreen pulling the wheel out of Sam's hand and throwing it out of the car. 

"SHIT" Sam yells turning to us, finally grabbing her gun Nat joins me in shooting at our assailant, before the pressure is gone meaning he has jumped off the car,  with the back of the car smashed it prevented me from being able to see out of the rear window apart from a slither of the sky. But the roar of the car's engine behind us, was all that needed to be heard when it made contact with the car again. Steve yelled something... along the lines of hold on but I couldn't tell, I didn't realize what was happening until Steve had gripped onto Sam and me, whilst hugging Nat, as he kicked the door open and we all fell out of the car, with Steve's shield to prevent us from getting hurt. Watching the car flip over us and smash into the road was terrifying. With Steve's grip on Sam and I being significantly weaker then his grip on Nat's we rolled off, as the car door continued to slide with Steve and Nat holding on. 

Rolling on the road, I lay on back, catching my breath as I hear an explosion sound I quickly look up and watch as Steve is launched off of the bridge and onto the road below. Sam being closer to me, quickly pulled me to my feet and we ran behind the nearest car as gun shots started to fire. I scoff loading my gun "This seems oddly familiar" I joke, to which Sam raises a brow. Hearing Nat start shooting, I join her, peeking over the hood of the car and shoot at the Winter Soldier directly. With bullets raining down on our car, sending shards of glass flying, Sam bolts behind toward another car to duck behind, while I roll over to where Nat is standing and continue to fire at the agents shooting at us. 

Getting the attention of the Winter Soldier, he sends a explosive at the car we are hiding behind, forcing Nat and I to jump over the side of the highway and onto the next lane, quickly moving to avoid becoming road kill, I crouch behind a new car, whilst Nat keeps running. With their attention strictly on her they blow up one of the cars next to her, sending her flying over the edge, I have to suck in a breath to refrain myself from calling out to her.  Instead I reach for my utility belt where I take my grenades. Poking my head briefly above the car I lob the grenades at the group, before ducking as explosions clash forming a chain of loud cracks and echoes across the area.