Chapter 25

"VIKTOR!"

"Jinx? Can't you knock?" He asked turning around from his desk.

His eyes widened at Achlys's state.

"Put her down."

"What's happening?!"

"She's having a withdrawal! Open that drawer!"

"This one?"

"For fuck's sake, the one under it jinx!" He yelled pissed off at my error.

I brought him the IV of fluid as he plugged her to it. I held her hand and caressed her hair trying to keep her awake. As soon as the fluid reached her vein, her body relaxed.

"Hey! Hey! Stay with me!" I yelled taking her face with my hand.

"She's asleep. No need to give her a concussion." He said as he sat back down.

"Asleep?"

"Yes, the modified shimmer has a calming effect and seeing as she's injected such enormous dosage. It's normal for her to fall asleep."

I looked at the open drawer filled with modified shimmer IV's.

"Why ... Do you have that on hand...?"

He looked surprised at me and pushed the drawer closed with his cane.

"It is not what you think."

He sighed as i looked at him suspiciously.

"This is not the first time she has come to me like this. This is the second time in fact. After last time... Eh, i decided to make provisions for her.

"... Do you know how long this will last?" I asked looking back at him as i caressed her hair out of her face.

"I do not know, Her body is a mystery for me. It just needs to become accustomed to it."

~~~~~~~Viktor

I continued my work when I heard some rummaging behind me.

"Jinx, what are you doing ?" I asked as i looked up to find her in my stuff.

She looked at me back.

"Whattt I'm just taking a look!"

"Could you not?"

She pouted and crossed her arms.

"UGHHHH THIS is Soooo boringgggg."

She suddenly climbed on top of the table and sat on Achlys.

"Jinx! What the hell?!"

"Whattt did i do again?!" She yelled at me.

"You are sitting on Achlys?!" I yelled back pointing at her.

"Anddd? It's my girlfriend i can do whatever I want with her."

I sighed while rubbing my temples.

"What have i done to deserve this..." I whispered.

She started braiding two little strands in Achlys's hair. I often looked back up, making sure she didn't kill her accidentally but she was oddly gentle. I then noticed that she actually hadn't been sitting on her, she was a few an centimeters a over her actually.

The next time i looked up, she was doodling on paper she found.

"Ta-da!" She exclaimed while putting her drawing above my book.

I looked down at the detailed drawings of bombs.

"How did you come up with this?" I asked as she was back behind Achlys, laying her head on her chest.

"With what?" She asked back nonchalantly as she was busy playing with Achlys's hair.

"The drawing."

"Ohhh that? My brain just goes BOOM ! PEW PEW PEW!" She said while running around the place imitating guns. "And then my hand just draws that. Why are you asking again?"

I looked at her a bit shocked.

"Eh no reason." I said looking back down at the drawing.

She took a chair and sat down behind Achlys.
I discreetly looked back at her saddened.

She could've had a bright future as a scientist if she hadn't gone through all that...

My face was suddenly grabbed.

"Woahhh you look dead dude."

"Thank you for your input jinx." I responded while pushing her hand away.

Achlys suddenly Sat up and we both shrieked out of panic.

"ACHLYS !"