Chapter 6

I woke up to breakfast on my nightstand and a little note.

"Good morning, sorry i couldn't eat with you but i had to meet a business partner. I'll see you later. I promise, sorry for yesterday once again. I'll make it up to you.

Achlys"

I smiled at the note and looked at the freshly made breakfast.

I ate the breakfast she made. It was delicious.

"Okay let me just ... Put that back-"

A book suddenly fell from her library. I looked down to find photos of us. Slowly getting down from the chair i sat on the floor to look at the pictures. We seemed really happy in these pictures when suddenly a selfie of jinx faced me on the next page.

I caressed the picture and looked back up at myself in the mirror. There's something different about me isn't there...

What don't i remember that makes such a difference between the two of us...

Last thing i remember was Shooting Silco ... And that explosion where vi let me fall but that's all ... Nothing before ... Nothing after...

I looked at the picture of achlys on the next page.

"Is this why you hold yourself back ...? Because I'm not your Jinx ... Your real lover...?"

I looked through the pictures again in frustration.

I want to remember ... I WANT TO REMEMBER....

"I need to remember ..."

~~~~~~Achlys

"Ugh he's fucking late ... Are you kidding me...? I could've eaten breakfast with her if i had known ..."

"Breakfast with who?"said a familiar voice behind me.

I looked to my right to find Vala.

"Where's Elysia?" I asked her.

She pouted and crossed her arms.

"Good morning to you too...." She whispered. "he's not coming today."

"Is that why you're here?"

She nodded enthusiastically.

"You're still late. I had plans." I said pissed off.

"More important than me?" She asked sarcastically.

...

I stayed silent and passed her the keys to the package as i walked passed her to examine my merchandise. She caught the keys and looked back at me.

"Achlys, can we go on a date yet? I've been flirting with you but you're just oblivious."

"No, i already-"

"Jinx blablabla i know but it's been centuries. Jinx is dead, you need to move on."

I looked over my shoulder.

"What?" She asked.

"... It's nothing."

I stayed silent for a bit.

"If you have something to say, spill it."

"... I said no."

I passed next to her and ruffled her hair.

"You should move on from me kiddo." I said turning my back on her and leaving.