Chapter 13

~~~~~ Viktor

I found Jinx alone and she looked quite disturbed.

"Jinx...? Where's Achlys?"

"I don't know..." She said in a sad tone.

I sat down besides her.

"Did something happen...?"

She looked back at me and sighed.

"We fought ..."

"... About what...?" I asked concerned as Achlys is not the type to run away from confrontation.

...

"I ... She's just selfish and privileged... I just don't understand why she hid her healing power from everyone... She could've saved us all and now she's still letting people die..."

My eyes widened at her statement.

"What did you just say ...? Did you really tell her that ...?" I asked shocked at how insensitive she was being.

"Yeah! What?!"

"You're lucky she loves you..."

She looked at me confused.

"Achlys and i discovered her healing power 10 years after your death... Everybody else had already passed. We tried to save you all but we didn't know..." I told her in a strict tone.

Her confusion turned into surprise.

"And for you to call her selfish ... Woah...  Even if you don't remember ... That's just ... Fucked up. She has died a hundred times just to protect you... And everyone else... If she ran away from the situation... You must've torn her heart out."

She looked down in realization of her words.

"But why not share her power ...?" She asked softly.

"Jinx, Betrayal and Abuse are the two most prevalent things that come with Power. Achlys knows it first hand. Her revealing her power to the world would probably cause a war."

"A war ...?"

"Yes, and Achlys will probably be in danger. You can choose to not believe me ... But i remember what happened when The bridge was still there... It was a bloodbath." I said putting a hand on her shoulder.

I sighed and crouched in front of her.

"Listen, i know that you don't remember the context of why Achlys is the way she is and why she does the things she does but i can promise you ... I have never met someone as selfless and kindhearted as her. You just need to trust her a bit... At leats until you remember."

...

She looked back at me with tears in her eyes.

"Will she forgive me...?"

"... Probably. Just give her time... You just revived some pretty rough stuff in her memory."

~~~~~~Achlys

I sprinted through these tunnels screaming my lungs out from anger and sadness. I finally arrived in front of the fresque that ekko started and i finished.

I put my hands against the fresque.

Flashbacks of all of us together mixed with memories of each of their funerals flooded my brain.

Tears started flowing down my cheeks as i fell on my knees, my forehead against the fresque.

I screamed out all the pain and guilt that was brought back in my memory.

*Sniff*

What's this ... Putrid smell ...

My eyes widened in shock  before A scream so heartbreaking haunted the city...

"ELYSIA!"