Chapter 16

My eyes widened as her lips ended up melting into mine. She melted in my kiss as i had longed for it so long. Her hands wrapped around my neck as my hands caressed her waist.

"Ah... Don't stop." I whispered in between kisses.

My hands passed under her shirt, caressing her toned abs. I gently pushed her on the bed still making out with her. I suddenly felt something wet against my cheek. I gently parted to find Achlys silently crying as i was kissing her.

"Achlys..? " I whispered as i wiped away her tears with my thumb.

She put her hand over mine and suddenly took it. She began running through the dark city with me as we arrived at a gigantic tree with a fresque painted of people i didn't necessarily recognize..

She let go of me and looked back at me.

"I ... Will tell you why i keep my power to myself instead of making everyone immortal..."

My eyes widened in surprise.

That's when fireflies suddenly awoken and lit up this beautiful place. A firefly ended on Achlys's finger as she began observing it.

"I envy mortals... Their mortality is beautiful. Any moment might be their last...

Everything is more beautiful... More special ... When you're doomed." She said in a soft tone looking back at me.

She walked over to the fresque and put her hand on it.

"I was meant to go with them ... With you ... But that was taken away from me. I would never allow people to suffer the cruelty of immortality..."

"So ... You give them a peaceful and long life in return ...?" I asked looking at her.

She looked back at me, her hand still on the fresque.

"... I give them what i never had..."

...

"But ... You're not getting any credit for all of this...?"

"Who cares ... Peace comes with a price... A sacrifice. My suffering is ending all the others... Do you finally understand?" She asked me while caressing my cheek.

"... Are you telling me ... You won't make me immortal?" I asked putting my hand over hers.

She looked at me silently for a bit.

"I would never allow you to suffer like i did." She whispered.

"But... The cycle will just repeat itself... I'll grow old ... And you'll just stay once again." I whispered.

She smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"That's how it's meant to be... Forever and always... I will wait for you every lifetime ... And i will love you until the end of times." She whispered back to me.

Achlys...