Chapter 18

Achlys and i attended her brother's funeral. The whole town was there mourning but the only one not crying was Achlys. I looked down at her fist clenching themselves and drawing blood.

Achlys ...

"I need a breather." She said leaving.

I was going to follow her but Viktor held my wrist.

"Don't. This is a lot to take in for her."

I attended the rest of the ceremony and waited for everyone to leave. I was left alone... In front of his tomb. I approached the flower filled tomb and crouched in front of it putting down a bouquet of flowers too.

"I'm sorry i don't ... Remember you very much ... So I didn't know what kind you liked the most ... I hope you like them nonetheless." I whispered.

I caressed the tomb with my hand.

"I'm sorry for not remembering you... But you were a good brother... "

I looked at the tomb in silence as my eyes stumbled on the dates of birth and death.

So he really was immortal ... How did you die though...

"Could Achlys get killed too...? Is she next?... Is it ... My fault?" I asked myself when I suddenly heard a voice behind me.

"Don't worry about Achlys... This can't happen to her fortunately... Well if you call that fortunate." Said Viktor leaning on the tree behind me.

I looked back at him.

"How did he die...?"

"His heart was torn out, cut up and held each part away from eachother... The parts being too far apart stopped the regeneration process." He answered with a saddened look.

"How did you find out about that?" I asked.

...

He stayed silent and sighed a bit.

"Achlys did ... She analyzed his heart."

My eyes widened.

She analyzed her own brother's... Heart...

Holy shit...

"That's fucked up..."

"I agree ... But it had to be done." He responded standing up and walking towards me.

He crouched next to me and put down flowers.

"When you said that wouldn't happen to Achlys... What did you mean by that?" I asked.

He turned his head towards me.

"Elysia didn't have Achlys's healing power... "

"But his wounds also closed." I added.

"Yes but his blood couldn't heal others... Achlys has tried everything to end it and she always regenerated. So you don't have to worry about that."

"What do you mean by tried everything...?"

His eyes Widened as if he realized he shouldn't have said that.

"... Achlys wanted to die with you. So she tried... Anything."

She tried to kill herself to be with me ...?