Chapter 4

I slowly opened my eyes to find a caped figure in front of me, protecting me from the shop owner.

"Uh ... L-lady Achlys- i-"

"Cut the bullshit, How much?" She asked confidently.

"2500R"

She threw him a bag of money.

"Keep the change."

She finally removed her hood revealing her hair and self. I looked up at her as she turned her face to look at me.

Woa... She's beautiful.

She smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

"Stay out of trouble kid. I won't always be there to save the day." She said kindly before walking away.

"Ah! Achlys-! You found Vala!" Said Elysia running through the crowd.

I rolled my eyes at Elysia as he began schooling me. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Come on Elysia, don't be so harsh. She's just a kid." Said Achlys chuckling at him.

She looked down at me and crouched.

"Here, go buy yourself something nice and if he's mean to you, just call me and I'll kick his ass."

The gentle smile and the kindness in her eyes ... I have never seen anything like this.

"Oh ... Why are you crying?" She asked wiping my tears off my face ever so gently. "Hey, hey, hey, don't cry... Look at what you did you asshole!" She said looking back at Elysia with a frown.

She ruffled my hair and stood up as her name was called.

"Sorry kid i need to go, go have fun kiddo."

...

-Time skip- 17 years old (1 year ago)

"Hey Achlys-"

"Happy birthday Kiddo." She said handing me a box.

I took the box confused.

"What ... Is this?" I asked looking down at the box.

"It's your birthday gift. I just learned that it was your birthday... Sorry i missed the other years."

I looked at her confused.

"You never received birthday presents ...?" She asked looking back at me.

I shook my head no.

"... I see, well every year, the day you were born, people usually receive gifts. Open it."

I opened it to find a bracelet. I put it on and focused on the blue stone.

End of Flashback:

I looked at her crouched in front of me as she looked down at my bracelet.

"You still have it ..." She whispered.

I caressed her face with my hand.

"Of course ... You ... Made me ... Feel loved... For the ... First time..."

I looked down at the metal beam through me and sighed.

I understand now...

I looked back at her walking away from me.

You couldn't bare seeing me die slowly ...

I chuckled at myself.

Thank you ... For still caring ... About ... Me.

Vala's body went cold as Achlys stopped and looked back at Vala's body tears streaming down her stoic face.