Chapter 23

"No!" Screamed Achlys again.

...

I turned around to face her.

"I'm listening." I said.

"Hm, maybe i underestimated you... Anyways, I'll give you a choice. Take this vial and remember everything ... But I'll dump out all of this through the city... Second choice... You refuse and I'll be on my way..."

I could remember everything ...?

I looked back at Achlys unsure of what to do.

"Jinx... Don't ... It's not worth it." She whispered to me pleading me to refuse.

"Is remembering all your loved ones ... Your sister ... Your ... Love... Not worth it? I mean, It's up to you but this is a once in a lifetime chance ... You'll lose your memories forever." She interrupted Achlys.

I want to remember ...

I looked down at my hand still trembling.

I want to remember Vi ... Ekko... Caitlyn ...
I want to remember our love...

"Jinx! Don't listen to her!"

Viktor's voice brought me back to reality. He got kicked.

"No! Don't hurt him!" Yelled Achlys.

I looked down at the ground not knowing what to do...

"Jinx ... Look at me."

I looked over my shoulder at Achlys.

"I want to remember ..." I whispered to her on the verge of tears.

Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I know... But it's not worth it."

"... Is our love that unimportant to you...?" I asked confused and scared.

"No! Of course not!"

"... Then... Why?"

"I already told you ... Your past was rough." She sighed and looked back up at me continuing.
"Listen ... You're finally mentally healthy ... Please... Don't put yourself through all of this just for me... I promise I love you either way."

Vala looked very amused at our heartbreaking conversation.

"Jinx ... This isn't just about us. If you take that vial, Zaun will fall... Millions of people will die."

"The effects of Shimmer were devastating when it still ran through the city. It was horrible." Added Viktor.

Achlys looked like she was struggling a bit with something but i didn't know what it was.

"What does Zaun have to do with this...? It's not like you really care about this city... Right? I personally think your memories are more precious but you know..." Said Vala looking at me.

She held out her hand with the vial in it.

"A little sacrifice ... For your memories." She added.

"A LITTLE SACRIFICE?! I HAVE SACRIFICED MY ENTIRE EXISTENCE FOR THIS CITY! YOU CANT KILL OFF ALL THESE PEOPLE!" Screamed Achlys enraged.

She looked down at my hand who had stopped but was clearly reaching for the vial. Her eyebrows furrowed themselves.

"I'll never forgive you if you take that vial..." She whispered to me.

I looked down at the vial a few inches from my hand.

Flashback:

"Do you think she'll forgive me...?"

"... Probably, she always does."

End of Flashback:

"I'm sorry." I said looking back at her.

"NO!"