Chapter 1

~~~~Jinx

It's been a few months since Zaun fell. Viktor brought us to Elysia's old base as he was the only one who already had been there and was sure it was safe since Vala had been taken care of in the explosion.

Viktor and i laid foot on a deserted and desolated place. Our statues were nowhere to be seen.

This place felt ... Empty of any happiness...

... Dead.

The old blood stains telling the story of the End of Zaun.

I furrowed my brows knowing that this was all my fault.

No matter how good My intentions are ...
I always jinx everything.

Viktor put his hand on my shoulder as i looked down at my feet clenching my fist.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah ... It's just sad..." I answered looking back up at the place i once called home.

Viktor and i continued walking when I noticed that Viktor ran off. I followed him to find him touching a stone.

"What is it?"

"Water erosion. This was one of the rivers..." He answered standing back up at me.

"The rivers dried up ...? But how ...?"

"I don't know ... It hasn't been hot here either so it's weird-"

His eyes suddenly widened as he looked beyond the ledge he was standing on. I stood next to him as shock overtook me myself.

Ekko's tree...

I got down in amazement.

It's the only thing that survived...

I caressed the tree when something bright pink caught my eye behind the tree. I approached the dust covered wall and wiped it off with my hand. My eyes Widened in recognition.

Flashback:

She began running through the dark city with me as we arrived at a gigantic tree with a fresque painted of people i didn't necessarily recognize..

She let go of me and looked back at me.

"I ... Will tell you why i keep my power to myself instead of making everyone immortal..."

My eyes widened in surprise.

That's when fireflies suddenly awoken and lit up this beautiful place. A firefly ended on Achlys's finger as she began observing it.

"I envy mortals... Their mortality is beautiful. Any moment might be their last...

Everything is more beautiful... More special ... When you're doomed." She said in a soft tone looking back at me.

She walked over to the fresque and put her hand on it.

End of flashback:

I put my hand of the fresque that Ekko had painted for the lost ones that were lost because of Silco and i. I caressed Vi's face before backing away.

I looked down at my hair ornament in melancholy.

Achlys ...

I know you're still alive ...

You must be ....