Chapter 36

"How... I... I don't ... I thought... I had a sister..." I whispered still in shock.

He chuckled and caressed my cheek as tears streamed down his face.

"You you used to... But I've never had to chance to tell you that i have always felt like a boy."

I put my hands against his face and scanned him.

The memories of my sister's face suddenly cleared up.

"It's you... It's really you."

"Yes! It's me Lily!" He said smiling and holding my hands.

"You ... You transitioned... So you're trans?"

He nodded.

Flashback:

WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME!

End of Flashback:

I suddenly let go of him.

" Wait... You... You abandoned me..." I said backing up from him.

"Lily! I was planning on taking you with me-"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE ME WITH YOU THEN?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

He looked surprised at my outburst but stood up calmly to face me.

"BECAUSE OF YOU I BECAME A MONSTER!"

"You're not a monster... You just learned to survive." He responded.

I chuckled as my heart began beating faster.

"You don't understand ... You don't. I thought you would ... But you're like the others... Don't you see it? I'm not even human anymore!"

I took out my blade and pointed it at him.

"I can't even die anymore..."

I suddenly felt a hand taking mine before a warm liquid ran down my hand. I looked back to find him holding my hand and pushing the blade into his stomach.

I removed the blade but the bleeding stopped immediately.

I looked back at him in shock.

"I'm just like you ..."

"What...? But ... How?"

He looked into the horizon of Zaun.

"Father ... Told everyone you had disappeared but you were used as an experience in secret. I can't even phantom of what you went through but that night... After i put you down on Silco's couch... I went back to Father. I wanted explanations... I... I didn't understand how he could've done this to you while being the loving father i knew him for."

He closed his eyes momentarily.

"I confronted him about it and he attacked me for standing up to him. He started ranting on about how i couldn't understand and that he was trying to makes us perfect. He injected me with something... I don't know what it was but ... It made me immortal. I stopped aging at 20..."

Flashback:

"Now... You're perfect..."

End of flashback:

So that what it was all about ...

"But why did you leave me..." i asked.

"I didn't ... A foreign man found me stumbling in the streets, trying to get back to you... He took me away. I tried explaining but he didn't listen..."

He put his head in his hands.

"I searched for you ever since ... Flashback of you begging me to stay haunted me... I thought that maybe i could save you but ... you saved yourself." He said looking back at me. "Enough talk about this cruel man. Let's get to know each other again."

"This is ... Strange. We're siblings ... But i don't even remember your name." I said looking down at my feet.

A hand held mine.

I looked back at him.

"It's Elysia... Chalys... Right?"

I nodded at him.

"How old are you now?" He asked.

"I don't ... Know... I ... I forgot... But...Are you gonna stay?"

He nodded.

"I'm not leaving you. Not this time. Come on!" He said getting back up. "Show me this city You created."

I stood up and walked through the streets of Zaun with him. He looked completely mesmerized.

"Holy shit..." He muttered under his breath.

I slightly chuckled.

"I never thought I'd see this city in such good condition... You did a great job." He said.

"Thanks but i didn't do it alone."

I opened the door.