Chapter 6

~~~~Achlys: the day of the incident

I looked back at the lifeless body of Vala as my stoic mask fell. Tears uncontrollably steamed down my face as i ran back towards her and hugged her corpse.

I screamed out in pain as i held her body in my arms, Like a mother mourning the loss of a child.

"I'm sorry... I couldn't bare it anymore..." I said in between sobs as i buried my head in her chest.

Her blood slowly being absorbed by my clothing as My cries attenuated themselves until i made myself stop.

This wasn't going anywhere.

I had decided to end her life as it was too much to bare for me, breaking the last promise i made her...

I don't have a right to mourn you...

I backed off letting go and observed her. Still crouched next to her, I wiped her hair out of her face and put it behind her ear. 

"May the afterlife be kinder to you this time ..."

I stood up and turned my back on her.

"Until we meet again ... Kiddo."

~~~~Jinx : present day

"Oh h-hey Jinx!"

I looked back to find a scrawny shy dude waving at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Hi?" I said back confused.

"What are you working on?" He asked coming up behind me, his hands on each side of me.

"Something that could kill you... If i don't before." I said looking at him a bomb in the hand.

He backed off clearly terrified as i began mocking him. I stood up as i continued working.

The dude just stood there looking at me.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked continuing to work.

He began mumbling and stuttering. I looked over my shoulder, at him.

... Pathetic.

I rolled my eyes as he continued stumbling over his words. His phrase not making any sense, i continued working.

Viktor came in and looked over my shoulder impressed.

"And what is this?"

"Nanotechnology put into bullets making the bullet explode inside of it's target."

He observed my plans and approved.

"Genius... Kind of ... Fatal... But eh, what can I expect from you-"

"WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME!" Said the screaming boy, cutting off Viktor.

We both froze and looked back at him.

"Sorry what?" Asked Viktor.

"Jinx, please go out with me." He said confidently.

I looked back at Viktor, both holding in our laughter.

"Who's going to tell him?" Whispered Viktor.

"Tell me what?"

I looked back at the boy leaning into my chair, my legs spread open.

"I'm not into guys." I said making a limp wrist.

"What...?" He asked clearly confused.

"Dude, She's gay as hell." Said Viktor bursting out in laughter with me.