Chapter 39

Time skip: 76 years later

I walked through the city with my newly bought food and flowers. I slowly opened the door  to our house and closed it behind me.

I put down my groceries and looked back up at Jinx.

"Good morning Darling..." I said taking her hand and guiding it to my face.

"Achlys..." She whispered as her hands caressed my face.

She looked in the direction of the groceries and back at me.

"Did you bring me my groceries again?" She asked.

"Me? Never." I said sarcastically.

She chuckled as i caressed her face.

"You didn't need to."

"I do it with pleasure. You're not getting any younger... You need to be careful and take things slow. Use my immortality to your advantage my love." I whispered as i kissed her forehead.

Her stubbornness hadn't changed as she made her way slowly to the bag and took the groceries.

"You know you really didn't need to put braille on all products."

I started helping her with the groceries.

"Anything for you darling."

"Kuma, knife please..." She said.

A robotic arm Viktor and i had created activated and took the knife for her. It put the handle in her hands. Kuma was created to help jinx the rare times i wasn't at home.

"Thank you Kuma."

I came up behind her and put my hands on hers before kissing her cheek.

"Hey, I'm trying to concentrate here." She said giggling.

"Hmm, but it's not on me that you're concentrated." I whispered kissing her cheek again.

I helped her make dinner and ate with her.  Afterwards, i sat behind her to help her paint the walls as her passion for impulsively drawing on everything hadn't changed. My hands guiding hers when she needed me. I became her eyes as she had lost he sight and she was and still is my light.

We laid down in bed together as i caressed her hair.

"I love you Achlys..."

"I love you jinx ... Forever and always..."

"Forever and always..." She repeated sleepily.

I watched her falling alseep on my chest as memories of her younger flooded my brain.

"You haven't changed one bit ..." I whispered kissing the top of her head.

Looking to my right, i took our framed picture who was next to our bed in my hand. The picture i had gifted Vi... My favourite picture of us.

I looked back down at her clinging onto me with a smile on her face.

"My one and only lover... Goodnight Darling." I whispered taking her necklace in my hands and observing it.