Chapter 31

~~~~Achlys

She raised her head to end up with my lips against hers. Her kiss was passionate as her tears rolled against mine creating A mix of mutual sadness.

Two lovers... Destined to die for each other.
This was our fate... It always has been.

I thought to myself as i watched her kiss me.

Denial won't help... Not anymore.

After a few seconds, i turned my head away from her holding back tears knowing this would probably be our last kiss. 

"Don't make this harder..." I whispered letting go of her before standing back up.

I helped her  back up and held her hands in mine as the sky began darkening itself with menacing clouds.

" Just Trust me... One last time." I whispered caressing her beautiful face and wiping those tears away.

I love you so much ... Please don't cry.

"Does it really need to end like this?" She asked almost sobbing.

My eyebrows furrowed themselves as i watched her.

Please don't cry for me.

Don't let this be my last image of you.

"I'm afraid it is." I responded letting go of her and walking towards the knife we had dropped.

I crouched and picked it up before looking back at her.

"A stranger... My friend... My lover ... To my Enemy. That's our story. We weren't meant to be... Two outcasts bonding over trauma Seeking revenge made an impossible love bloom..." I said chuckling before looking back up at her and continuing. "I have done many wrongs in my life ... But Meeting you was the only right one. I love you Jinx, with all my soul and heart ... But... No book can have two Villains Love. We both know that..." I finished, putting the knife back in her hand.

She held onto the knife crying as i looked up at the sky preparing to rain or thunder... I didn't know but i didn't care...

What does it matter anyways...

" Ah... How cruel can the gods be." I whispered closing my eyes as i took a deep breath in.

The wind blowing in my face ever so gently, i looked back at jinx.

"The end is near. The book is ending as one could say ... You're the reader darling, holding so dearly onto the last page refusing for it to end..."

She walked over to me and threw herself around me, holding me in a dear embrace.

"I DONT WANT IT TO END!" She screamed, her face buried against my skin.

A gentle smile appeared on my face as i caressed her hair.

"Everything has to end one day or another."

I leaned down to her ear and whispered...

"Turn the page jinx... This is where my story ends."

"NO! WE DESERVE A HAPPY ENDING!" She said sobbing and grabbing onto me as if she was scared I'd disappear...

"We do... But deserving something doesn't mean you'll always get it ... Every good story has an end. Some more bitter than others... That's just how it is... But if i could do it all again, i would. I wouldn't change anything... Because you are perfect ... You are and always will be ... My person."

...

The silence fell upon us as i hugged her consoling her.

"It'll be okay, i promise."

...

The earth suddenly shook, separating us. I fell to the ground and dropped Magnus's runic stone. Jinx's eyes fell on it.

"JINX NO!"