Chapter 12

~~~~Achlys

I looked at the burning city, standing on the ledge of the tower, as i took a deep breath in and closed my eyes. I took a step back letting myself free fall off the building when I pair of hands took my face.

I looked back to find a memory of Jinx free falling with me. Pure hatred filled me As i hit the ground, ending up on my knees. I looked back up at the chaos and stood up. I walked through the flame as a woman grabbed onto my leg.

"PLEASE HELP US! PLEASE FIND MY SON!" She begged me.

I looked at her for a minute.

"Don't rely on others to save you." I said looking at her before kicking her back into the fire.

Her eyes widened as her hands reached out to me. I watched her falling back into the fire before walking away.

"ARRGGGGHHHHH!"

A heart wrenching scream pierced the chaos.

I turned around to find a little boy struggling to pick up a heavy axe. Even though he struggled, he ran towards me and swung his axe at me.

The axe entered my thigh as i looked at him, not reacting to his attack. He began punching my legs with the little strength he had and yet filled with rage and determination.

I let myself fall to the ground to permit the Little boy a release of anger. He punched me non stop while screaming.

His screams soon stopped as he watched me under him.

"WHY ARE YOU NOT FIGHTING?!"

A little smile appeared on my face.

"Why would I?" I said getting back up and looking at him as i removed the axe from my thigh. "Here. You'll need it to survive." I said handing him the axe back.

He took it from my hands confused as i walked away.

"LADY!" He suddenly yelled out to me.

I stopped myself, the wind blowing through my hair, i looked back at him.

"TAKE ME WITH YOU! KEEP MY MOTHER'S PROMISE!"

I observed him.

"You want to come with your mother's murderer?" I asked him with a smirk.

His fist clenched themselves as he looked back at me determined.

"MY MOTHER SEEMED TO TRUST YOU! I DEMAND YOU TAKE ME WITH YOU OR YOU KILL ME!"

I raised an eyebrow at the audacity and lack of fear the child had.

Interesting...

"Well the choice is going to be easy then..." I said picking up a hunting knife from a body.

I faced him as flames danced around us.