Chapter 29

I froze at the familiar nickname and looked over my shoulder. The person had removed their mask, revealing a young man heavily breathing.

"You're Lily right?!" He said standing at the end of the hallway.

Jinx suddenly took my arm and pulled me backwards. We we're both free falling when we were caught by Ekko and his friend. They brought us back.

Jinx observed Achlys who was abnormally silent.

"Thanks." I said before getting off ekko's board.

"So what did y'all steal?" He asked.

"A thing from Viktor's laboratory" said Jinx.

I took the container out of her hands and walked away.

"I'm gonna go hide it."

Jinx and ekko were confused but didn't protest.

~~~~~~Viktor

My door flew open and Achlys came in.

"Can none of you knock?-"

She dropped a container in front of me and showed me the cube. My eyes widened.

"How did you get that?!" I asked taking the container.

"Your laboratory."

"What but ..."

Flashback:

"You need to destroy the cube... I couldn't do it myself." I said looking down.

"I'll do it."

End of flashback:

He lied...

"Does your leg feel better?" She asked.

My eyes widened in pure shock.

What ... Did she say?

She sat down next to me on my desk and looked down on me. Her piercing eyes scanning me.

"You really thought I hadn't noticed?"

I looked back up at her.

"I saw you... When you outran that boat..."

I was speechless.

"I had hopes you could find a solution to your health and save yourself with it."

"How do you just accept me ... I ... I am a monster."

She put her hand on my shoulder.

"It wasn't your fault. I'm sure Skye would be proud of you."

What the...

"How do you know all of this...?" I asked.

"I've been keeping an eye on you ever since I was a child... After all, you were working with my father... Quite the... Interesting choice i might add."

I opened the box and looked at it.

"I might not be human anymore if i continue..."

"Who cares?! Look at how cool you look!" She said taking my hand and removing my glove.

...

"I am quite concerned about your enthusiasm but ... Thank you, i guess... Even though I'm not sure this is the best idea." I answered pulling my hand away. "I wanted it destroyed"

"I refuse."

"Eh... What?" I asked confused.

"I won't let you die. I know It might not be the best option but... I refuse to let the people dear to me die. I won't let anyone die..." I whispered.

I jumped off his desk when his ungloved hand grabbed my sleeve.

"Thank you... For caring about me. I am ... Uh not used to this... But thank you."

I smiled at him softly. I covered his hand with mine.

"If you need help or just wanna talk to someone... I'm here. If you don't want to use it, it's your choice."

I let go of him and approached the door.

"Actually, ... What would you do?"

I stopped at the sound of his voice.

"I won't judge you for wanting to live... If that's what you're asking... And if anyone does judge you, I'll take care of them."

Viktor was surprised by how serious she was but felt some kind of relief.

"Thank you. Have a great night." He said.

"You too Viktor, Take care."