00

"Dolores! Oh, thank goodness you made it." You quietly squealed in delight upon seeing your beloved best friend walk through the door.

Dolores walked towards you and wrapped her arms around your frame as she smiled.

"Happy 17th birthday, (N/n)." Her light whisper to your ears made you laughed.

"Thank you, Dol." You smiled widely at her.

"I'm sorry that I'm kind of late, Abuela and mamí asked for my presence before I left." Dolores sighed.

"Aww, you don't have to say sorry, at least you made it!" You hugged her again.

Then a cough was heard behind her, this caught your attention and you peaked behind her out of curiosity.

Dolores pulled away from the embrace as she hummed.

"(N/n). Meet my little brother, Camilo." Dolores said in a hush tone yet you heard her clearly.

A boy with a slender build and light golden-brown complexion stepped beside Dolores.

"Camilo, this is my best friend, (N/n)." Dolores stated as she smiled at the two of you.

Dolores can be quite timid and too quiet, but she at least told you that she has two younger brothers and she also told you about their gifts.

Which is shape shifting and the other one has the ability to talk to animals.

You smiled at Camilo, but he only stared at you. You don't know what to say so you just took this time to examine his whole being.

He has curly, dark auburn hair, hazel eyes, and freckles across his nose and cheeks, along with dark tint on his eyelids.

You definitely can see the resemblance between the two and this information made you feel giddy inside.

Your eyes traveled down to his clothing whilst letting out an approved hum.

Apparently, Camilo wears a white long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and his collar unevenly unbuttoned with the rest left loose, except for the right side tuck into his pants.

Slightly messy but I guess this is how he really dress.

He also wears a yellow poncho with darker yellow streaks, black pants and black sandals with white etchings.

You guessed that the etching was to symbolize his shape-shifting ability,

Camilo's clothes have a chameleon motif, with chameleons on his shirt collar, poncho, and sandals.

Those little design and details were adorable for you, you noticed how Dolores almost has the same design on her clothes.

You always point it out to her, her clothes has etchings on it that symbolize her super hearing.

"Please stop checking her out, hermano." You heard your best friend muttered towards Camilo and this made you raise a brow towards him.

"What- I'm not checking her out!" Camilo whispered harshly to Dolores who let out her adorable, 'Hm!'

"Anyways, your present's on the table." Dolores informed you and you hastily nodded your head before excusing yourself from them to check out your gift.

Dolores and Camilo watched your figure walk away from them then Camilo whipped his head to Dolores.

"You don't have to embarrass me like that!" He hissed.

Dolores raised her eyebrows at her brother's outburst.

"So you are checking her out." Dolores pointed out before she smiled.

"I was not!" Camilo defended himself as he crossed his arms in front of him.

"Mhmm, sure, you weren't." Dolores stated playing along with her brother's mood.

Camilo scowled lightly at his sister, he turned his head to the crowd that was gathered in your home.

There wasn't many people inside but it's still a lot considering that all of them are greeting you a happy birthday.

Speaking of which, Camilo just realized that he hasn't greeted you a happy birthday yet.

He inwardly facepalm himself because of his idiocy, but it ain't his fault.

He was mesmerized with your smile.

He was too mesmerized that he forgot why he came with his sister in the first place.

And now, he has to gather up a courage to walk to you to greet and talk to you, but weirdly enough, his legs and heart almost gave up on him when he saw your smile again.

You weren't smiling at him.

You were smiling for the elderly couple that greeted you, but still.

His heart felt like it's about to explode.

"Are you okay, hermano?" Camilo jolted at his spot when he heard his sister's voice beside him.

"Huh? Oh, sí. I'm okay." He muttered before looking away from your smiling face.

Dolores became confused at her brother's mood swing.

"Are you sure? I can hear your heart beat. I think it's gonna explode if you don't calm yourself." Dolores whispered.

Camilo didn't said anything and just looked back at you.

It's your birthday, this is the first time he saw and officially met you and yet, his heart feels like it's gonna explode at the sight of your smile.

Just what's wrong with me tonight?

Was Camilo's thought the whole night.