21

The word got out that the Camilo Madrigal is courting the only daughter of the town's florist.

People didn't expect for the shapeshifter to like you out of all the girls and boys in Encanto. You're quiet, short-tempered and quite chaotic, probably far from Camilo's type.

But alas, the news spread around quickly.

After hearing your answer, Camilo and you continued your date. With a little more passion and closure between you two.

He was in cloud nine, hearing your cheerful laugh and seeing your cheeky smile as the two of you roam the busy street of the town.

When the time comes, the teen dropped you off at your home then he quickly run back to Casita, he locked himself inside his room for the rest of the night. He's hella sure that Dolores heard the whole ordeal so he's readying himself for the incoming teasing.

The next day arrived and he'd be lying if he didn't feel ecstatic as he recalled the last night's event.

"I.. I confessed- wait, no.." Camilo facepalm and ran a hand down his face, "Of all the things that I'll forgot to say.. I choose to forget to say that I love her.."

He released an annoyed groan, smacking his forehead at his new realization. "You're so stupid! What if she thinks that it's only a joke?!"

He gasped in horror, his eyes widening in shock. "Oh no.. I gotta go! You're such an idiot, Camilo!"

He scrambled to get off his bed, he continued to swear at himself while grabbing his poncho from the chair nearest to his bed then he ran out of his room.

"I'm so proud of you, Camilo!" His mother greeted him with a big smile as soon as he neared the stairs.

"Mami! Good morning! As much as I want to stay and talk to you, but I really need to go!" Camilo didn't waste anytime to kiss his mother on the cheek and hug his father before scurrying down the stairs.

He almost fell on his face, luckily, Casita is there to stop the incident from happening.

"Gracias, Casita!" A shaky yell came from him as he continued sprinting out of the house.

It's still early in the morning, you're probably not awake yet but he'd rather let you know that he's serious as soon as you woke up.

He doesn't want you thinking that it was only a joke because if you did then all of the efforts that he did will be wasted, he doesn't mind doing all of it again if it's for you, but the nervousness and anxiety will only worsen.

"Move out of the way!!" His yell alerted the people on the street as they quickly went away from his path.

He silently thanked them, breathing ragged and running pace getting faster.

His eyes brightened at the sight of the family construction of your house, he finally slower his pace. He stopped infront of your door, leaning against the door frame as he catch his breath.

He immediately knocked on the wood, heart beating faster inside his ribcage.

Please let it be Y/n, please let it be Y/n, please let it be-

The door swung open and it revealed your mother's delightful face, her eyes widening at the sight of your suitor in front of her.

"Mijo! Come in! Come in!" Your mother quickly ushered him inside the house, his breathing still slightly uneven from the run.

"You're here for my daughter? She's upstairs, probably still sleeping- you can just go inside and wake her up!" Your mother pushed him towards the stair, encouraging him.

Camilo gave her a thankful glance, a large grin on his lips as he hurriedly went to your room.

His heart beats quickened again at the sight of your bedroom door, he started to panic inwardly. He didn't think what he would say if you asked why he's inside your bedroom.

He's still just your suitor, he need to respect your boundaries and privacy, but your mother encouraged him and now, he don't know what to do.

He cussed himself again, his brows furrowed and lips pursed.

Well, first things first, he needed to knock on your door so that's what he did.

"Y/n?" His voice came out shaky, he tried to calm his heart by playing at the hem of his poncho.

He knocked again then again and again, but no response came from you.

Camilo sighed, She's still sleeping-

Your bedroom door opened, making him let out a choked yell. "Dios mio, mi amor! You're scared me!"

His high pitched voice made you blink, your sleepy eyes staring at him before it glistened with an amused glint.

"Did you just call me 'mi amor'?" Your voice sounded raspy yet it was laced with playfulness.

His eyes widened and opened his mouth to at least try to explain himself, but no sound nor words came out of his mouth. He looked like a gaping fish and it made you laugh.

"I'm just kidding, don't be so tensed." You playfully bumped into his shoulder as you walked passed him.

He stood infront of your door for a while before snapping back to reality and running after you.

"Look- uhm, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stand in front of your bedroom, I was planning to wait for you until you wake up-" You nodded your head, letting him ramble as you stepped inside the kitchen with him trailing behind you.

You walked over to the kitchen counter, placing the sweet mango snacks on a plastic container and realized that the lid was missing.

"I knocked multiple times oh your door but you didn't answer- oh, here you go, so yeah, I thought you're still sleeping that's why I contemplated if I should just wait there or not." He continued on explaining, he only stopped for a bit to give you the plastic lid from the table.

You smiled and placed the lid on top of the container, safely securing the snacks inside.

You turned around and brought a hand up on Camilo's face, placing your index finger on his lips to stop himself from rambling any further.

"Shush, I don't mind it if you walked inside my room, so next time instead of standing outside like a lost puppy, just come inside, okay?" Your action made him shut up and flustered.

Your finger smells like a fresh and ripe mango which made him hungry, he could only huff before nodding his head at your statement. "Okay, okay.."

A genuine smile appeared on your lips, you pat his chest and gave his freckled cheek a quick kiss before turning around and taking the plastic container from the counter.

Camilo stood behind you like an idiot, his mind slowly processing the kiss that you gave him.

Finally realizing your action, swirl of heat covered his whole face like a wild fire, spreading fast to the tip of his ears and down to his neck.

"Come on, Camilo, we need to arrived at Casita so we can have breakfast." Your voice brought him out of his daze and inner turmoil of embarrassing thoughts.

He scrambled on his feet, groaning when he lost his footing and his knee bumped on the counter, he huffed in annoyance.

"Coming!" He quickly ran out of the kitchen and catched you waiting in front of the door with a bag slinging on your shoulders.

"Here, let me take that." He murmured and tug on your bag which you gave to him without complaints.

"By the way." You called out, the two of you starting to walk away from your house. He looked at you, gripping the bag on his hand.

"I know that you're serious about last night and I know that's the reason why you came to my house." A cheeky grin was placed on your lips, making you even more beautiful in his eyes.

His heart swelled with happiness as he looked down on the dirty path infront of you two.

I'm just happy and thankful that you accepted me without fully knowing me.