20

"This is the worst.." Camilo muttered under his breath bitterly.

Tonight was supposed to be the best night for him, it was supposed to be cute, romantic and unforgettable, well now it is unforgettable for another reason.

"I'm sure that you and Carlos have met before, right?" Your voice sounded so eager and cheerful, how could he disagree with you?

It was supposed to be just him and you, but here you are, dragging him to who knows where just to meet Carlos Madrihan.

"Yes.. Yes, we have already met." He tried to hide the sarcasm from his voice, he did met the guy but he did not like him.

The guy are the town's disappointment, and he's quite popular but for some reason. Girls flock around him like chickens waiting for their food.

He can't help but think that you are one of his fan, considering the excitement in your eyes when you remembered that you have to introduce him to your friend.

"You'll be fine, we'll just greet him then we can continue our date!" You squeeze his hand reassuringly, a smile adoring your beautiful features.

Camilo immediately became flustered after hearing your statement, he squeezed your hand back and held you tighter as you two walk through the sea of people.

He just want to meet Carlos so the two of you will finally have a date because he want to make it unforgettable for him, as well, for you.

"Carlos!" Your voice made Camilo snap his attention forward.

Then a guy came into a view, red ruana drape over his shoulders accompanied with grey shirt and black pants, curly and unruly dark hair that was tied back loosely then he quickly took notice of the girls beside him.

Disgusting. Camilo's brows furrowed as he examined the guy further.

His grip on your hand unconsciously tightened a little more before he tug you towards him. You didn't say anything about it and just continued walking to your friend.

"Hola, hermosa." Carlos took your other hand and kissed your knuckles.

The teen didn't fail to notice the glare that Camilo was pointing at him and this only made him raise a brow.

Camilo expected him to let go but when Carlos straightened his posture, his hand is still on yours.

"Is this your novio, mi amor?" Carlos shot a disgusted look on Camilo's way and the shapeshifter catched him in the act.

You shook your head and you pulled your hand away from Carlos's hand which made Camilo physically brightened.

"No, but soon? Maybe." You chuckled.

The shapeshifter beside you was slow to register what you just said, his mind processing and the gears stopped for a second.

"S-soon?" His voice faltered slightly, his face heating up for the tenth time that night.

Carlos pursed his lips, his eyes flickering to your cheeky and happy smile before to the lopsided grin of Camilo beside you.

He knew that there's something going on between the two of you, his brows furrowed and he took a step back.

He couldn't help but scoff as he turn away. "Have fun then."

Your laugh made the two male happy, their head perking up at the music that came from you.

"Alright, we'll see you around, Carlos." You waved your free hand and pulled the dazed Madrigal beside you as the two of you started to walk away from the other teen.

Camilo couldn't stop his beating heart from leaping out of his chest, the butterflies in his stomach has flattered around more than usual.

Hearing what you said made him unbelievably happy and the fact that statement of yours surely pushed Carlos away? Made him happier.

His eyes are focusing on the ground, he didn't want to say anything nor look at you. He didn't want you to look at him either.

His face felt so hot that he feels like it will melt, his shoulders and legs are shaking so much which made him stumble a few times behind you, his hand is slightly sweating but it seems that you wouldn't let go of him.

He could only cover the half of his face as you kept dragging him, he don't care if you're trying to lure him in to his death.

He can die happy, knowing that he dated you tonight and even made a progress with his shenanigans of making you happy.

He felt you tugging him closer to your body which made his heart beat faster than earlier.

His breath hitched when you looked back at him and smiled reassuringly, he thought that you had reassured him more than enough to make him feel special and happy.

"Calm down, Camilo." Your melodic voice made him scream internally.

"You're sweating so much, you need to calm down." You murmured and pulled him aside to the nearest bench, away from the prying eyes of people.

Camilo let out a groan, Great. I ruined our date night.

The happiness that he's feeling earlier is quickly replaced by disappointment and dejection.

He saw you pulled out something from the pocket of your skirt, a (color)  napkin came into view.

"You need to calm down, I don't want you passing out with this crowd." You muttered, brows furrowed in worry.

His hazel eyes avoided your worried gaze, he felt the softness of the fabric as you wiped all the sweat from his face.

How can he explain that all of the sweating was caused by your sweet and unexpected confession earlier? How can he explain that he's feeling like that because of you?

He just wanted to hold you, whisper how much he love and adore you. He just want to ditch the festival and pull you aside so he can have you all to himself.

But how can he do all that when the two of you are not dating? He didn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything, but the restless and strong feeling of wanting to hold you is slowly becoming too much for him.

One action is needed to be done.

He held your hands which made you stop fussing over him with worry, hazel eyes glaze with determination and anxiety.

He gripped your hand ever so slightly as he took a deep breath, maintaining eye contact with the girl he love.

He can hear his heart beats, his breathing quickened painfully.

"Can I- uhm-.." Your hands squeeze his hands, making him stop from trembling. He didn't even know that he was trembling already.

But nonetheless, that gave him enough courage and reassurance to say the words that he wanted to say.

"Can I please court you, Y/n?"

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Writing this gave me so much anxiety, I don't have much experience when it comes to confessions.

So I'm sorry if it's not good.