38

After a few days had passed since the shapeshifter started to leave things around you as a gift, the familiar warm and fuzzy feeling started to come back.

Your heart beat would gradually become faster everytime he's around you, the heat will continue to resurface when he compliment you and your breath would get caught up in your throat if he will grab your hand to give your skin a loving kiss.

All his little actions gave butterflies in your stomach, your features would get interrupted with a wide smile as he continue to do all of that everyday.

He never cease to make you feel special from all the efforts he would put on everything he do, he never cease to make you feel happy by the little gift that he would leave by the front desk of the flower shop.

He never cease to make your heart skip a beat when he'll flash you the smile that you had grown to adore and love, the lopsided grin that he often wears when he's around you always make you want to spoil him with hugs and kisses.

"An arepa for a thought, amor?" The familiar voice of the man that you learned to love reached your ears.

You couldn't stop the small honeyed smile that erupt on your adorable features, his nicknames for you had increased a lot of more for the past few days and you can't say that it didn't make you happy.

"You'll seriously give me an arepa for a thought?" You asked, the smile on your lips growing a little wider.

The shapeshifter shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, placing the basket full of the said treat in the small table beside you before leaning down to your level to place a kiss on your head.

"Food is important, it makes me happy, it makes you happy and it makes all of us happy." Camilo retorted, the lopsided smile can be seen on his golden brown complexion as he pulled away from you.

The shapeshifter pulled the nearby stool and drag it closer to him which is right beside you as well, as soon as he took a seat, his hand immediately found yours and he hold it with so much gentleness and care.

"I finished my chores for the day so I can spend my time with you." He held your hand up to his lips, placing a kiss on your skin delicately before looking at you with so much love in that hazel eyes of his.

The lingering feeling of his lips tickled your skin as he continued to caress the back of your palm with his thumb.

Not once for the past weeks, that he had left you alone anywhere or somewhere. He would always be by your side after his every day chore just to spend some alone time with you.

He always follow you around when he's done babysitting and helping around the town, he won't hesitate to take what you are holding just so he can hold your hand, mostly because he also doesn't want you to carry something when you're with him.

He wanted to let you know that you, who are his everything, need to be treated preciously.

He's always smiling everytime he emerge within your peripheral vision and everytime you saw his adorable smile make your heart take a leap out of joy and excitement.

He was always eager to finish his tasks and to see you, he would come to see you every single day without hesitation and failure, although there's a day he would whine to his mother because of the storm that lurked around the corner of Encanto.

He wouldn't say that to you of course, he doesn't want you to think that he's too soft and gentle when it comes to you, he wants you to see him as a strong and reliable person because he knew that you deserve a kind and hard-working person as your other half.

He doesn't want anyone else to become your other half so he's doing his best to be a hard-working just for you.

"A flower for a thought, chameleon?" You called out, a teasing glint behind those (color) eyes of yours.

Camilo let out a laugh, full of liveliness and a hint of embarrassment.

He continued to hold your hand with his, a small hum escaped his mouth and the grip he has on your hand only tightened a bit out of nervousness while his lips curved up into a beautiful smile.

"My thoughts? It's just you." He admitted.

You were taken aback from his statement, heat creeping up on your face because of his sudden confession but again, it's not like that this is the first time that he had said that.

"My thoughts always revolves around you, I don't know how many times that your beautiful face appeared in my mind but I know that I don't want it to stop." A dreamy sigh escaped his lips.

"Did you know why I always follow and chase you around, mi corazon?" Camilo brought up the question.

You shook your head, focusing on the feeling of his warm hand with yours while he continued to leave feathery touch every once in a while.

The shapeshifter laughed once again, "It's because mami told me to chase my dream."

It might be a cringe pick-up line but it didn't failed to make your heart beat faster and make your face warm with embarassment, nonetheless, you still smiled at him while shaking your head while a quiet laugh of your own escaped your lips.

"You're such a dork." You stated, eyes brimming with happiness as you stared back at his hazel eyes.

"And I'll be happy to be a dork just for you, mi querida." He mused, bringing your hand up to his lips again before planting another endearing kiss on your skin.

Camilo stayed true to his words, he did everything just to make you happy and feel loved once again, he doesn't want to lose you for good so he's treating you with so much care, love and gentleness.

The both of you wished for that perfect moment to say, not wanting another pain to be felt caused by the other unknowingly.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

This book will soon come to an end, just a few more chapters. :)

This is the last update today, I'm sorry if it's too short!

I hope y'all like this one!

PS: a new book will be posted along with this, I won't pressure y'all, but giving it a shot is not bad right?