11

"Y/n!" You, Isabella and Mirabel jolted in your spots.

Hearing Dolores yell is unusual for everyone, mostly because of her gift that keeps her from doing so.

You were quick to turn your head in the direction of where her voice came from, the three of are surrounded with plants, trees and small boulders so you really can't see much.

"I think we're in trouble.." Mirabel whispered towards Isabella.

"Yes! You- Mirabel and Isabella are in trouble!" Another shrill scream from Dolores can be heard from somewhere and that made you flinch.

"Well, holy mother of cacti, I didn't expect for Dolores to yell." Isabella said with her lifting her chin up.

"Did not expect?! I've been looking EVERYWHERE for MY best friend!" Dolores's voice can be heard getting near.

"Hermana, please calm down. It's not good for your ears." Camilo's voice echoed in the forest.

You only sighed and caress your head while waiting for Dolores to emerge from the trees.

A huff can be heard before Dolores came out from the tall tree with a distraught Camilo behind her.

"And I thought I said to not lose your composure." You joked.

You quickly shut up when you saw Dolores sent you a glare.

"You two." Dolores pointed at Isabella and Mirabel. The two mentioned female immediately stood up.

One with nervous expression and the other one has a composed yet overly confident poise.

"I think I made it clear that Y/n is my best friend and you two dragged her where my ears can't hear any of you!" Dolores exclaimed, finally, a frown etched on her pretty features.

Camilo made his way towards his sister and caressed her shoulders, an attempt to calm her down. It seemed to work so he didn't let go of her.

Dolores sighed, "I'm sorry for yelling, but I just got worried."

The young woman looked at you momentarily then looked back at her primas.

Isabella and Mirabel shared a knowing glance before pulling Dolores into a warm embrace, the woman gladly hugged back.

You stood awkwardly on the side as the three of them embrace each other.

"Uhh.." You trailed off, seeing that the four of them are currently surrounded with mushy atmosphere.

"Right! I wanted to talk to you!" Dolores let go of Isabella and Mirabel whilst she shrugged off her brother's hands from her shoulders.

She quickly made her way to you and embraced you tightly, you didn't hesitate to return the gesture seeing and feeling that the action made your best friend visibly relax- you didn't let go.

You felt Dolores tightened her hold around you.

"I was planning to talk to you, but.." Dolores pulled away from the hug, "I remembered that I have something to do back at the Casita!" She squeaked out.

She hurriedly walked back to Isabella and Mirabel then she pushed the two of them towards the path that leads back to town, their expression morphed into confused and irritated ones.

"Don't stay out until dark!" Dolores called out.

The two other female seem to catch on what she's trying to do and a large grin immediately made its way to their lips.

"Make sure she'll get back to her house in one piece, primo!" Mirabel yelled out, her head turning slightly to give her cousin a encouraging gaze.