03

It was a good and breezy morning, but not for our favorite shapeshifter.

"Mami! Have you seen my poncho anywhere?!" Camilo yelled from the second floor.

Pepa emerged from the kitchen with her sister's arepa in hand.

"I don't know, mijo. Try asking your sister about it!" Pepa yelled back at her son as she walked out of Casita.

Camilo huffed deeply as he leaned in against his bedroom's doorframe, his poncho vanished from the wire outside.

He just gave it to his sister so it can be washed but when he came back for it, the piece of clothing are gone.

The poncho was given to him by his father and it's his favorite from all the poncho he owns, but now, it's nowhere to be seen.

"Ugh.. Papi will be upset with me.." Camilo muttered with a frustrated groan.

"You should calm down, Hermano." Dolores's voice can be heard outside his room.

He rolled his eyes at her statement.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." He clicked his tongue at that, he can't get any privacy in their household and it's getting into him.

Dolores sighed softly, "Your poncho is in good hands so start doing your chores, you might bump into the person who has it."

The click and clack of Dolores's heels echoed throughout the almost empty house as she walked downstairs and out of the house.

Camilo sit still on the floor, did he hear his sister right? Does someone steal his poncho?

"Why would anyone steal my precious poncho?" He muttered and decided to just wear one of his ponchos from his closet.

Grumbling and sulking as he walked towards the town, passing some of the town folks while they shoot a questioning gaze in his direction.

He didn't pay any mind to their look and continued to his destination.

He has to babysit a lot of kids as his morning chore and then babysit the triplets of Señora De Guzman in the afternoon then he needs to help in the kitchen for the evening.

It's just another normal, busy, and tiring day for him.

Without his favorite poncho.

He took a deep breath as he stood in front of the fountain, the kids and him are supposed to meet in that spot so they can play.

He's cheering himself so he wouldn't lash out at the kids, he doesn't want that to happen.

"Hola, Camilo." He jumped when he heard your angelic voice beside him.

"S-señorita Y/n!" He exclaimed.

You raised a brow at his statement but decided to brush it off with a smile.

His heart melted at the sight of it, you are smiling for him, at him, and because of him.

"What's with the 'Señorita'?" You chuckled under your breath, "Just call me Y/n. It kinda sounds weird if you call me senorita."

Camilo nodded at your words, his heart beating faster than normal and he can feel his palm sweating.

Your eyes twinkled with anticipation and giddiness as you waited for him to call you with your name.

"Of course, Y— Y/n." He swallowed the thick lump on his throat, he felt so small under your gaze.

You laughed softly and slowly reached out your hand to him, seeing this, Camilo closed his eyes.

But when he felt your warm hand on against his cheek, he immediately opened his eyes to stare at you.

Shock and amazement look was thrown at your way when you did that.

"Why are you so adorable?" You said with a smile.

Giggles and yell of kids caught your attention so you pulled your hand away from Camilo.

You smiled brightly when you saw the kids chasing each other as they all ran towards Camilo.

The heat made its way on Camilo's neck up to his face until it reached his ears.

The embarrassment he felt at the moment was too much to the point he can't help but hide his face on his ruana.

If you hadn't pulled your hand right away then you would feel how hot his face is and he would've passed out on his spot.

That would be super embarrassing.

"Hm." Dolores watched her brother with amusement and confusion.

He's truly giving out the hints that he's interested in you but surely, her brother wouldn't like you out of the girls in town, right?

She knew that you're not into younger boys, especially not with her brother because if you were interested then you would've agreed to the invitation for the past years, but you didn't.

You're important to her. You're her best friend after all.

But hey, she doesn't mind having you as her sister in law, you're kind, kinda cheerful, and optimistic.

You have slight anger issues, you're easy to be influenced by if you met someone you like.

But you're also a good listener, you're a good and amazing friend.

That's why she felt like her brother is out of your league.

"Hah.. My heart." Dolores heard her brother whisper under his breath before she heard the rustle of fabric which indicated that he let go of his ruana.

"I don't know how I'll be able to handle this." Another whisper.

Dolores pursed her lips as she picked up the sound of her Hermano's fastened heartbeats.

May her brother survive the day.