01

Pepa and Felix noticed how their son has been acting lately.

Camilo Madrigal has been going out after his chores, usually he'll stay inside the Casita, but to their utter surprise, he's rarely home nowadays.

"Have you seen how he act towards you lately, mí vida?" Felix said exasperatedly.

Pepá pursed her lips, dark clouds started to float above her head as the sky started to drop small water.

"So it's not my imagination?" Pepa grabbed her husband on his shoulders  as she stared solemnly at him.

Felíx only smiled reassuringly towards his beloved wife before grasping her hips.

"I'm sure mijo is not doing something bad, mi vida, he just probably found a hobby that he very much like." The shorter man stated before shooing the dark cloud on his wife's head.

Pepa sighed softly before lifting her head up when she heard the front door of Casita open.

Camilo walked in with a troubled expression, he walked passed his parents seemingly not noticing their presence at all.

Pepa gaped at him, did he just walked passed his mother without kissing her cheeks?

Camilo would greet her with a kiss on her cheek then a warm embrace for his father but he didn't greet any of them.

Just what happened to her son?

Dark clouds quickly made their way back above Pepa's head and Felix noticed this.

He's still hugging his wife after all.

"Mijo! Wouldn't you greet your mami and papi?" Felix's voice made Camilo snapped out of his thoughts.

Realization dawned upon him as his face paled ever so slightly.

"Ay! I'm so sorry, Mami!" The teen immediately turned back to his parents and he leaned in as he planted a warm kiss on his mother's cheek.

Then he embraced his father's smaller form.

Felix hugged his son back, chuckling to himself when Camilo smiled at them.

"I was just drowned in thoughts and all, I didn't mean to ignore you two." Camilo breathed out as he hugged his parents once more, "I'm sorry."

"Hm." Dolores's adorable hum echoed slightly at the almost empty Casita.

The three looked up at Dolores since she's on the second floor.

"He's been thinking about my best friend, mami." Dolores blurted out.

Felix and Pepa felt how Camilo completely stiffened in their arms.

"I'm not." Camilo defended himself while he pulled away from the warm embrace of his parents.

"(Y/n)? The one who had her birthday last week?" Felix questioned towards his oldest daughter.

Dolores nodded at this and he looked at his son who quickly looked away from him.

"Seems like your sister hits the bulls eye, ay?" Felix teased and he laughed when Camilo pouted at his statement.

Pepa who's still sinking in the information- looked at her son in confusion.

"You like your sister's best friend, mijo?" She asked as she put her hand on her hips.

The dark clouds are now gone and was replaced with a rainbow, a chilly breeze went inside the Casita and brushed passed against their skin.

The smile that crept on her lips made Camilo shut his mouth.

"Oh, it seems that she's coming over later for dinner." Dolores informed them before she went back to her room.

"She's coming over?!" Camilo gasped, frantically turning around.

He didn't waste anytime to run up to his room and slam his door shut.

Pepa and Felix both shared a glance before they broke into a laughter fit, both embracing each other lovingly.

"It seems that our mijo is growing up." Felix stated and hugged his wife tighter.

The rainbow on Encanto's sky was seen to become brighter and brighter as the minutes passed by.

You blinked slowly as you looked up from your book.

"Oh wow.. Señora Pepa must be in a really good mood." You smiled before going back to reading your book.

You flipped the page, only for a piece  of paper to slip out.

You bent down and picked up the piece of paper before sitting back down properly.

You unfolded the paper and raised a brow at the messy handwriting.

"Your smile shine brighter than the stars that look at us everynight, signed 8M." You read out loud.

You giggled at the cheesy note but slipped it in front of the book, making sure it's tucked in tightly between the pages.

"Who left the note in my book?" You wondered out loud, but your question remained unanswered.