07

Dolores kept her gaze towards his brother, who wouldn't stop whining about wanting to keep her best friend's favorite book.

She heard the one-sided conversation in the library and you could tell that she enjoyed how she can hear her brother's heart beats quickened.

But when her hermano arrived at the house, he didn't even bother to call out for her to at least infrom her about the book, instead, he tried to go straight to his room.

If only it weren't for her waiting at the top of the staircase then the book would've been long gone and in Camilo's possession.

"No, hermano. She said that it was for me! I heard her say it!" Dolores whisper-yelled to Camilo.

Camilo shook his head and held the book behind him tighter, afraid that someone would take it away from his grasp.

"You already have her other books! You two even shared the same clothes! The same lipstick! The two of you even slept on the same room and the same bed!" Camilo shoot his sister a snarky gaze.

The older madrigal got quiet for a second because of what she heard before letting out a giggle at his statement.

Camilo pursed his lips as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"It sounds like that you're.." She hummed, "What was the right word?"

"Oh! I know!" Dolores physically brightened up, her lips curling up into a teasing grin. "You're jealous."

Camilo took a step back and stumbled on his words, slurring and fumbling ever so slightly as his sister hit the bullseye.

"I knew it!" Dolores squealed, catching the other female Madrigal's attention.

"Knew what, Dolores?" Isabella, the oldest of the grandkids spoke up as the vines held her down.

Camilo started to deflate physically. He knew that once the others knew about his liking towards you, they wouldn't let him go for it and would continue to tease him around you.

"So, you see, mi hermano here." Dolores pointed at Camilo who tried to hide his face on his poncho, "Likes my best friend. You know? Y/n L/n?"

Dolores giggled, "He got jealous because we're soooo close to each other. Right, hermano?"

Camilo glared at his sister, not batting an eye on Isabella because he knows that the woman is giving him the look.

Isabella, in turn, smirked and shot Camilo a teasing look before sliding off from the vines. "Of course, she's the talk of the town last week. They wouldn't shut up at how beautiful and perfect she looked. Who wouldn't know that pretty girl?"

"And don't forget the way she smiles!" Mirabel's voice can be heard from the nursery room.

Camilo wondered how can his prima hear the three of them when they're far from her room?

But he quickly snapped from his thoughts when he felt Isabella placed a red carnation on his head.

"A red flower to my precious baby primo who's finally growing up." Isabella smirked wider when she saw that the tip of Camilo's ears are red.

"And to think that out of the girls in town, you choosed your sister's best friend." Isabella laughed mockingly as she walked away from the pair.

He was glad that the humiliation of his cousin are finally over so he wouldn't waste anymore time, he huffed under his breath and quickly walked passed his sister.

"Hold up!—" Dolores turned around called out to him. "Give me her book, hermano!"

"No! You already have so many books in your room!" Camilo yelled back and started sprinting towards his room.

Although, he's faster than normal her, he still tripped and faceplanted on the floor when Casita lifted a tile in his way.

The book slid off from his grasp.

Dolores only stepped over him causing for him to let out groans and grunts of pain when he felt the heels of her sandals against his back.

"Thank you, Casita." The female bent down and picked up the book.

"That's what you get, hm!" Dolores immediately speed walked towards her room.

A loud click can heard throughout the hall of the second floor which indicates that she locked her bedroom door.

Camilo glared at the wall, the tiles he's glaring at tried to shift higher only for him to follow with his glare.

"Thank you so much for that, Casita." He said, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

His eyes trail at his sister's food before looking away while furrowing his eyebrows.

He sighed softly and ruffled his curly hair out of frustration. "Aayy!"

• • • • • [ ☘︎ ]

Evening eventually came.

You're already walking towards the Madrigals' home since Dolores and the others are waiting for your arrival.

You did promise that you'll join them for dinner so here you were.

Walking towards their humble home.

Meanwhile, with the Madrigals.

Chaos..

That's the only word that can describe the current situation at the moment.

"She's getting near!" Dolores yelled out, loud enough for others to hear her.

Isabella quickly decorated the walls, poles, table, chairs and the stairs with colorful flowers.

She put a few cactus here and there to show off her knowledge about plants.

Julieta, Bruno and Pepa placed all the food on the table then Felix and Agustin bring over the drinks.

Alma helped the others by passing the remaining dish towards her children so they wouldn't have to go inside the kitchen.

Luisa carried a big pot of cactus over to the dining hall then placed it down on the floor gently, just beside the doorway.

Mirabel placed the spoons, plates and forks on the table properly before ushering all the animals off the chairs.

Antonio had to scold them all since he didn't want them to ruin the dinner date night with you and his family.

Camilo, on the other hand, tried to calm himself while pacing back and forth from the top of the staircase.

Then he heard it, causing for him to jolt in his spot and halt in his tracks. With a hint of mocking and eagerness mixed on the female's voice.

Isabella yelled out with a grin.

"Camilo, your girlfriend's here!"

His heart dropped at his stomach, heart beating so fast that he feel like it'll leap out of his chest. He's not ready to see you yet, but he knew that this is unavoidable.

He only hoped that you didn't hear his prima's voice because if you did, he would surely die out of embarrassment.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

I honestly don't know what's happening in this chapter, lmao.

I hope that y'all enjoyed reading this!