22

I'm feeling bitter tonight so have fun with this angst-y chapter. :)

I'm not good at writing angst but I'm desperate right now so keep up with me— please. :D

— [ ☘︎ ] —

You don't know how this happened, you were just having breakfast with the Madrigals when Señora Madrigal announced that there will be a new family of three that moved into town.

Of course, you didn't pay much attention to it nor bother being emphatic towards the new family.

You just focused on your suitor's adorable face while eating the meal that Julieta made.

Although, Señora Madrigal's last statement made you stop from taking a bite from the Arepa.

"Camilo, you'll be in charge of them, make sure that you'll help them settle in." Alma said as she stood up from her seat. "Luisa and Mirabel will help, don't make them uncomfortable."

After saying those words, she walked away from table.

Worried glance was thrown on Camilo's away and he just shrugged them off, turning his attention to you. "Can you bless me with your presence today while doing my chores?"

No nervousness or anxiety can be seen on his beautiful hazel eyes. Just a glint of love, adoration and passion, also just a little tiny bit of pleading behind those glint.

You loved how Camilo became confident for the past few days, it's been a week since he asked if he can court you and you had been feeling happy ever since.

You took the last bite from your Arepa and caress his head, ruffling his hair in the process as you stood up.

"Sure, I can't stay for long though. I need to help mama in the shop." You murmured and pushed the chair back into the table.

"Let's get going then! I want to stay with you as much as I can." Camilo hurriedly chew on his remaining food.

Luisa and Mirabel both stood up, kissing their mother's cheek as they went over to your side.

"Primo's not nervous around you anymore, huh?" Mirabel gave you a playful nudge making you giggle, shaking your head as your reply to her question.

"I guess he calmed down after a few days." You sighed, staring at the younger man to finish his food.

"He's head over heels for you, Y/n, but if he did something stupid, you should just knock him out." Luisa stated, flexing her muscles to you.

Her advice made you laugh under your breath, a smile adoring your features. "Yes, yes. I will knock him out if he did something stupid."

Luisa returned the smile to you and patted your head, "Good. He's still young and so are you, I don't have any experience in this kind of field, but I won't hesitate to help you, okay?"

Your heart melted at her words, you swore that if Camilo wasn't pursuing you then you'll go after Luisa. She's more of capable than any man that you know— well, sorry about that Camilo.

"Hey now, I should be giving her an advice instead, she's my best friend." Dolores chimed beside you.

She wasn't there earlier, it was just you, Luisa and Mirabel, but now, she's right beside you with a crossed arms and a Mirabel nowhere in sight.