12

"Dolores!!" Your voice echoed in the Casita as you hurriedly ran inside.

The Madrigals turned their attention to your panting and slouched form leaning against the door.

Isabella glide down from her vines and held you up, caressing your cheek and stroking your hair out of the way of your face.

"What's wrong, Y/n? Why are you in a hurry?" The Señorita asked.

You inhaled deeply, "I heard this rumor going around, they said that there's a new family moving in and their family name is Iwaizumi and all of them are pure Japanese! Well, not really all of them. Just the dad and the uncle because the mom is a Filipino but I'm not too sure, their son are mixed so I'm really excited! I also heard that we're the same age, but again, I'm not too sure- oh! And I've been curious about Asian families, meeting them would be a dream come true—"

Isabella, who got sidetracked because of your quick rambled- immediately shoved an Arepa on your mouth when Mirabel passed by with a plate in hand that is full of food.

You choked slightly but chewed and swallow the delicious treat before kissing Isabella on the cheek.

"I appreciate the food, but I gotta find Dolores!" You ran past her and waved over to Pepa.

"Mami! Have you seen Dolores anywhere?!" The urgency on your voice made the woman stop and point at her daughter's bedroom door.

You left a kiss on Papa's cheek before running past her and up the stairs to your best friend's room.

With a slam of a wooden door, your voice slowly faded out as you walked inside your best friend's bedroom.

Pepa sighed dreamily when she recalled how you called her Mami so casually.

Her oldest son— Camilo, grunted. The others stared at him and saw how a troubled expression was placed upon his freckled face.

"What's wrong, primo?" Mirabel asked as she pushed the brown pot of plants to the corner, just near her cousin.

Pepa hummed and walked away, a cloud and rainbow rested above her head.

While Isabella and Luisa stared at Camilo.

The teen wouldn't stop kicking the wall, his foot creating a crunch every now and then if he kicked a little too hard.

The two older females shared a look before Isabella scurried towards Camilo.

"Y/n problem again?" She bemused.

Camilo stopped momentarily and continue to stare at the wall.

"Is it normal that I feel agitated that she wanted to meet someone new? And it's a boy at that." Camilo ran a hand on his face.

Suppressing the swears that he wanted to say.

He heard his cousin laugh before feeling a hand on top of his head, he took a peak and saw that a sunflower was placed on his curly hair.

"It's normal to feel jealous, primo." The oldest granddaughter hummed.

"What? I'm not jealous— Pfftt!" Isabella cut Camilo off by sprinkling red petals on his face.

"You are jealous, don't say that you aren't because that's just pathetic." Isabella huffed as she watch her cousin spit out the petals that got inside of his mouth.

"And I think it's also normal for Y/n to be excited to meet someone new! Since we basically know each other in this town!" Mirabel laughed and brushed away the petals on Camilo's poncho.