02

You tapped your flowery, (color), and soft skirt while staring at yourself in the mirror.

Your yellow blouse complemented your skirt so beautifully, but for some reason, you're not satisfied with your appearance.

"You already look beautiful enough, mija." You jumped when your mother's voice reached your ears.

"Ma! Oh goodness, you scared me." You huffed and put your hand on your chest to emphasize what you are feeling.

Your mother only rolled her eyes playfully before walking towards you.

"You don't have to be perfect, I mean, you're already perfect for me and I'm sure they don't mind what you're wearing." Your mother reassured you as she pat your shoulder and straightened your skirt.

Then she caressed your cheek, stroking your skin lovingly.

"You gotta show them how amazing you are, mija. Don't be scared or embarrassed because you're already perfect just the way you are." She smiled, her eyes giving you that loving and affectionate look.

You couldn't help but smile back to your mother, leaning into her touch as you left a kiss on her forehead.

"Of course, ma. Thank you."

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Dolores perked up upon hearing your nearing footsteps towards Casita.

"Ooh! She's here!" The young woman declared quite happily.

For almost 10 years that the two of you knew each other, this will be your first time stepping inside their home.

She knew how nervous and anxious you get everytime she'll mention on wanting you to go dinner so she always immediately change the topic when that happens.

Until now.

Casita clapped it's tiles to let everyone know that you have arrived on their beloved home.

"I can officially meet Dolores's best friend, mi vida!" Pepa's statement made Camilo stiffened on his seat.

Right. Why did his invited you for dinner? It's not like he's complaining but his nerves are killing him right now.

He breathed out deeply while rubbing his palm together to keep himself calm.

Then the sound of doors opening and your giggles reached his ears, he can literally hear Dolores whisper something to you before she pulled you beside him.

You pulled the seat beside him and took a seat, he can hear Dolores doing the same.

"Good evening, madrigals.." You greeted with a smile.

Camilo tried to scoot closer to Antonio and far away from your seat, but he only managed to put a little distance between you two.

Why does Dolores have to torture him this way? Is this her revenge for his pranks a few days ago?

But again, he's not complaining.

"Oh, mija. Dolores has told us a lot about you!" Pepa smiled widely as her husband- Felix, gave her, her food.

Julieta and Bruno both passed the meal around since they're closer to each dish.

You passed the dish to Dolores as you returned the smile to Pepa, "I hope it's all the good things, Señora." You joked.

You got a nudge from Dolores which made you giggle and the others around you laughed at that.

Well, others except Camilo.

He's too nervous and happy to let the words sink into his mind to laugh.

But hearing your sweet giggles brought a smile to his lips, he kept his gaze down to his food as he continued eating his Tia's dish.

"How long have you and my daughter know each other, mija?" Pepa asked, taking a bite from her meal and shook her head towards Felix who tried to give her a glass of water.

"Uhm.." You thought for a second, "Around 10 years already, Señora."

Pepa raised a brow at your statement and gave Dolores a look, the young woman looked at her mother and shrugged.

"She doesn't want to so I didn't force her, hm!" She chewed and ended her statement with her adorable hum.

"Well, welcome to the family, (Y/n)." Alma smiled at you.

You bashfully smiled back and nodded your head, "Thank you, señora."

"Oh, mija!" You turned your attention towards Pepa. "You should just call me 'Mami' or 'Mama'!"

Camilo choked on his food, shifting into his mother, father, sister and then you before going back to himself.

You immediately handed him a glass of water, your fingers touched and you paid no mind to it as you turned back to Pepa.

A smile adoring your beautiful features, "Of course, mami."

Camilo could've swear that his heart just exploded upon hearing your agreement towards his mother's suggestion.

He doesn't know if he should be happy or worried.

You are getting comfortable with his family but it's too soon for that, yet his mother already jumped into the next step and you agreed without hesitation.

Was this dinner a blessing or curse?