19

"Is it true that Camilo will be your date tonight?!" Your mom burst through the door of your bedroom, startling you greatly.

You furrowed your brows and gave her a side glance before going back to your task then you said a quiet. "Yes."

Your mother's eyes landed on the letter on your hand, "What's that?"

"Letter from Camilo." You murmured.

This made your mother's eyes widen in joy and surprise, "So it's true that he asked you out!"

You glanced at your mother again, brows furrowing further. "He asked me out? I remember that I asked him to become my date tonight."

"I think you're too straightforward." Your mother said dejectedly after hearing your statement, you could only huff.

"Did you like him that much for you to become desperate and asked him-"

"No, ma. I'm not sure if I do like him romantically." You cut her off, eyes glancing back down to the paper in your hand. "But the unfamiliar feelings bcontinued to show up."

Your mother's eyes glazed with a loving and kind look, "I want to know what I really feel for the Madrigal so I asked him out."

She stared at you for a while before walking out of your room without another word.

You know it yourself that you are straightforward, but you'd rather go straight to the point than beating around the bush.

You sighed and fold the paper gently, you slid it back to the envelope then stood up, "I better get ready."

— [ ☘︎ ] —

The decorations, preparations and stalls for the evening event is done. Thanks to Luisa, Isabella, the other townfolks and the babysitter.

The people quickly took a break before preparing themselves for the festival.

The familia Madrigal on the other hand..

"Mami! My poncho's gone again!" Camilo's panicked cries can be heard throughout the Casita.

"Papi! My friends said that I should look good tonight!" Antonio's adorable voice echoed on the hallway.

"My bag is nowhere to be found, ma!" Mirabel's anxious yell came from her bedroom.

"Look at your sister's room, Mirabel!" The gentle yell of Julieta came from the kitchenette.

"Pepa, you have a cloud!" Alma called out as she passed by her daughter.

"You think I don't know, ma? My children's not ready for tonight! Camilo need to look good but his poncho vanished again! Just what do you want from me?!" Pepa's stressed voice sounded so strained as the raindrops slowly fall on her orangish dress.

"Your dress will get wet, mi amor!" Felix came to the rescue, shooing the dark clouds away from her head.

"Ay, Agustin! Just what did you do?" Julieta's voice came from the kitchen.

"There were bees, everywhere." Agustin's voice sounded so shook then followed by a quiet munch.

Dolores covered her ears, too tired of the constant whines and cries of her family members. 

She doesn't know if she can last longer so she walked out of her room, tiptoing unconsciously as she stepped outside of Casita.

She heard the clacks of the tiles from behind her, "I know, Casita. I'll just go to Mariano so we can start our date a little early."

The clacks of tiles can be heard again then she gave the house a little smile and wave before walking away.

"MAMI, MY PONCHO—"

"PAPI, MY FRIENDS—"

"MY SKIRT AND BAG!—"

"THE FLOWERS, TIA!"

"MI AMOR, CALM DOWN—"

Dolores groaned and rubbed her ears gently, she can still hear her family cry about different things. Since her brother's poncho is gone, she wandered if the date will be fine, or worse, will there be any date at all?

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Time passes by fast for the people of Encanto, evening came and the streets' lights came on. Lanterns everywhere and people's cheery laughter echoed in the evening air.

Camilo stood infront of your door, knuckles cold and shoulders stiff.

He had to use another poncho because the other one vanished again, his poncho seem to vanished and he doesn't know if his clothes will be safe once his sister washed them.

He perked up at the sound of heels clacking against the wooden floor, breathy laugh can be heard at the other side of the door.

His chest swelled with warmth at the sound of your laugh, "I'll be off now, mom! My date's probably waiting for me!"

His heart beats quickened at the word 'date', his ears warmed at the thought of holding your hand tonight as the two of you walk through the sea of peoplem

The door opened infront of him, eyes widening in admiration and love as he stared at you.

You're wearing a (color) blouse,  accompanied by a dark yellow skirt with light etchings of chameleons  on the bottom of the fabric.

"Gorgeous.." He murmured, drunk by your beauty.

You let out a laugh, closing the door behind you as you took a step closer to him.

"Am I that beautiful, Camilo?" You teased, making the poor teen flustered and fumble with his words 

You only shook your head, chuckling under your breath as you slipped your hand with his warmer ones.

His breath hitched, face heating up more while his gaze lingered at your hand that was holding his with so much care.

"You look handsome tonight as well." You smiled. Feeling happy and content at the reaction that you managed to achieve from him.

Freckled cheeks flushed, hazel eyes darting everywhere except from you while his body posture look so stiff  and you can feel his hand slowly sweating, although you don't mind at all.

You only squeeze his hand, "Hey, you'll be fine." You reassured him.

"I, I- know.. I'm just nervous." The shapeshifter muttered honestly. He felt another squeeze from you, he tried his best to calm himself.

He doesn't want to ruin the night for the two of you. He doesn't want to embarrass himself again.

Although, Camilo don't really know if he can survive the evening without fainting beside you.

You held his hand and you even complemented him even though he still look like the usual, you, on the other hand, had graced him with your beauty and presence.

He can't be happier than this, if you pulled something unexpected then he wouldn't be able to stop himself from passing out.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Not proofread, so I'm sorry for the mistakes.