25

"Just what do you think are you doing, Camilo?!" Papa's voice boomed across the big house.

"I don't know what I did wrong, mami! I was just being friendly!" Camilo said, raising his voice ever so slightly.

A lightning struck Camilo on the foot making hi shift to his whole family in pain.

"You don't know? It's fine being friendly but flirting? Have you lost your mind?!" Isabella shrill scream soon followed after Pepa's statement.

The anger she is feeling towards her younger cousin is slowly slipping out, she held back for too long for your sake because she doesn't want you to be uncomfortable around her, or her sister or her whole family.

Camilo's brows furrowed and he glared at Isabella, he's holding back himself because he doesn't want to show too much disrespect to the older madrigal but everyone seem to be testing his patience.

"You were flirting, not being friendly! You were hurting and making the girl suffer that was supposed to be your girlfriend by now!" Another yell came from his mother.

He opened his mouth to speak but her words sink into his brain, his eyes widening in horror as his mother looked at him, dejected and tired.

"That's right, Hermano." Camilo turned to his sister who finally talked to him.

"Estrella and her parents are new to this town, it was understandable that you were being friendly but you've never been that 'friendly' before." Dolores raised her hands as she quote on air.

Her eyes held the same anger look in them, frowning and looking at him in distaste.

"Did you know how I feel when I heard her cry for me to help her?" She hissed slightly.

"Did you know how much it annoys me and Luisa to hear your compliments and flirty approach to the girl?" At the mention of his other cousin's name, he looked at the young woman.

He saw how Luisa's eyes hardened when their eyes met.

"You didn't even bat an eye to Y/n when her voice breaks just the mention of her leaving you alone with Estrella!" Dolores raised her voice, making him feel nervous and anxious.

This is the third time that he saw and heard his sister mad, yelling loudly as if her gift won't hurt her.

Felix scoot closer to his wife and daughter, the two of them needed to calm down but he knew how disappointed they are at his son.

He is disappointed too but he can't say anything right now because it will add more fuel to the fire.

"She was crying last night.." Antonio's weak voice caught the attention of the older Madrigals.

A toucan perched on his arm and he pointed at the bird, his big round eyes glistening slightly as he glanced at his big brother.

"My friend said that she was struggling to sleep.. That she won't stop crying under her blankie.." The little boy frowned as the bird continued gawking at him.

"I left the bird with her so she'll cheer up but my friend couldn't stay any longer because he can't hear the sobs anymore." Antonio's eyes looked away from Camilo.

He can't look at his brother, he loves you just as much as Dolores love you. He was expecting you to be his sister soon after knowing what 'courting' means.

He was persistent to learn what meant so he kept bugging his mother and father for it's meaning.

But after hearing what happened to you? The hope of having you as his big sister got crashed, leaving him devastated.