24

"Mija, please, tell me why are you avoiding Camilo and mi familia, I'm getting worried!" Pepa's voice is loud, the cloud above her head are getting darker.

Pepa and Dolores decided to visit you after a week of you not coming over, Dolores made sure that her little brother- Antonio, gave you a heads-up  before coming over to your house.

She didn't want her mother to intrude your home to be honest, she knows that you're still not over at the recent event that kept hurting you.

But she can't stop Pepa from marching out of the house so she can corner you and confront you, forcefully.

To say that you got uncomfortable is understandable, she could only give you a couple of apologetic glance before trying to shush her mother's booming voice.

She's been trying to confront Camilo without you knowing, but the male kept avoiding her as well.

She can still hear the compliments coming from the two younger teens which made her blood boil a lot of times.

She wished that she can control her gift, silencing every sound that comes from Estrella and Camilo as they talk and flirt unconsciously to each other. She can't stand hearing her brother making the new girl flustered whilst he make her best friend suffer.

The unfairness and pain at this point that he kept inflicting to you without him knowing makes her want to shout profanities towards him so he can realize that the person he 'loves' is hurt by his stupid actions.

Is her brother that oblivious at the fact that Señorita Serrano is interested and into him?

"Should we go have a picnic out of town, 'Milo?"

Dolores perked up at the sound of girl's voice, her eyes narrowing on your wall slightly.

"Hmm.. It looks like it's gonna rain soon.. But, of course, princesa! Lead the way!"

Her ears ringed at the sound of Estrella's giggles and Camilo's cheery laugh. Her breath hitched, anger boiling on the pit of her stomach.

She can't take it anymore, she wanted to run out there and tell Luisa to knock her little brother out then lock him on his room so he won't be able to go out.

She took a deep breath, calming herself and massaging her temple before glancing at her mother.

"Mami." Her voice sounded to strain, a forced smile on her face.

The two of you looked at Dolores, seeing the strained look on her adorable face makes your worried.

"Can we step outside for a moment?" Dolores pleaded, but the strained expression is still on her face.

Pepa and her daughter looked at you, as if trying to figure out what was going on inside your head. Your eyes void of emotions and no smile plastered on your face.

"Okay.." Pepa stated dejectedly, seeing that you still refused to talk to her, she gave in.

The oldest woman stood up and walked out of your room, Dolores quickly turned to you and grabbed your shoulder.

"Is it okay if I tell mami about what happened?" Her whisper made you tensed up, eyebrows furrowed and heart beating anxiously inside your chest.

Dolores seem to notice so she gave you a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder before a gentle and genuine smile made its way on her lips.

"Mami won't judge you, Hermano's the wrong one here, N/n." Her eyes looked at you like you're a fragile treasure.

"He was the one who asked for your hand, not you. He's the one who wanted to court you, not you. Mami and I will take care of the rest, just take a break from the shop and stay inside, okay?" Dolores hushed tone sounded so sincere and honest which made you relax.

All the tension and nervousness on your body vanished from her reassurance, you let out a shaky sigh and wrapped your arms around her waist.

"Thank you, Dolores.." Tears threatened to spill from your eyes and Dolores was quick to wipe those from your cheeks.

"Shush.. You're my best friend, you're precious to me." She kissed your forehead and made you lay down on your bed.

"You're much more precious than my brother now." She joked and pressed a kiss on your cheek before standing up.

"I'll visit you tomorrow with Isa and Mira. The two of them can't control themselves around mi hermano." Her eyes gave you one last gentle look and she finally walked out of your room.

You could only stare at the ceiling, staying motionless and silent while your eyes glistened with tears as you recall the scene you saw the other day.

A cheery laugh caught your attention. The voices outside your house is familiar mixing with an unfamiliar one.

You reached for the brown curtain and moved the fabric aside, your eyes lost its shine as you saw the two people dancing and laughing in the rain.

They look so happy. Camilo look so happy while twirling her around on the mini piddle that was caused by the rain.

Has he forgotten about you? Did he finally give up on courting you? Is he satisfied by leaving you broken and yearning for the same smile that he's giving the girl in his arms?

All that question was left unanswered as you watched them dance on each other's arms, looking so happy and content.

"I guess all the promise, words and actions that you did was just another empty lies." A tear slid down your cheek, your eyes turning away from the cheery teenagers outside your bedroom window.

"All the laughter and smiles that you gave me.. Was it all just a playful affection? Was it satisfying to meet someone else and be happy with her as the person that you were supposed to be with, is suffering?" Another tear slid down on cheek.

"I don't know what to do.. I don't know what I should do in this situation.." You finally broke down, quiet sobs echoing in your cold and lonely bedroom.

A loud thunder brought you out of your thoughts, the painful memory slowly vanishing in your mind as you see the series streak of lightning in the sky.

Sitting up, you looked out of your window and examined the surroundings.

A strong gust of wind kept blowing, making the nearby trees fling around as the wind kept going stronger and rougher.

Dark clouds seem to become darker as they multiply and float around then a heavy rainfall fell once more in the town of Encanto, matching the droopy and loneliness feeling in your chest.

It seems that Mami is in bad mood now..

You didn't know that having a deep feelings towards someone would be this painful. You didn't know that it would make you sad, annoyed, anxious and mad.

You didn't know any of those. Dolores would tell you how hurt she is when Mariano was betrothed to Isabella before, but you never really understood the negative feelings.

You stared at your reflection in the window glass, your eyes look so dull and your face look so pale, despite having a (color) skin, you can still the difference between them.

You caressed your own cheek, feeling it damped by your tears yet you didn't pay attention. You just want to distract yourself from the painful throb of your heart.

You wished to let the love you have- vanish so you won't be in agony anymore.

You wished for everything to be fine and go back to normal, where you will laugh along with Dolores and your new friends as the all of you talk cheerily.

You could only wish.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

This is probably the last chapter for today—

I did my best to be as detailed as possible, I hope you guys enjoyed this one too!

Let me know if there's any mistake and typo, I didn't proofread this one—