04

A light breeze and bird chirping can be heard throughout the peaceful yet busy town of Encanto.

The Madrigals decided that it was a fine day to eat outside, of course, Pepa Madrigal did not forgot to give you a lunch invitation.

So here you are, walking ever so slowly to Casita with a smiling Dolores beside you.

"— and then, Señor Jose thought that he could outsmart me this time, but boy was he wrong." You giggled quietly.

Dolores knew what happened, she can hear everything from a mile away. Although sometimes, you forget that she has a gift of superhearing.

Nonetheless, she let you rambled about how Señor Jose tried to mix the arepa that her Tia Julieta made to the fake ones.

But as usual, you avoided the prank because you got Julieta's arepa instead.

You and the townfolks have this love and hate relationship with each other, they would pull harmless pranks on you just like how you pull pranks on them.

It only happen once in a while though, not everyday.

It just really depends on your mood, and the townfolks knows when to pull pranks on you.

And everytime that a prank happened, Dolores would hear their quiet mutter and their little plans.

She wouldn't tell you though because where's the fun in that?

She let out her adorable hum when she picked up her Abuela's whisper in the air, "Dolores, can you get Antonio from his room once you arrived? He won't come out saying that he wants your best friend to get him."

Dolores giggled which caught your attention.

"What's so funny?" You blinked and tilted your head.

Dolores linked her arm with you as she pulled you towards Casita, the slow pace now turned into a light jog because of the fastened pace.

"Tonito wouldn't come out of his room so Abuela wanted us— no, Abuela wanted you to get him out." She gave you a cheeky smile.

You replied with a laugh and started running to the Madrigals home, Dolores held your arm tightly as she started running as well.

The two of you clutched your skirt as you sprint, the flowy fabric trailing slightly behind you both as the wind brushed passed softly against your skin.

From the second floor of Casita, your angelic laughs mixed with Dolores's giggles made Camilo perked up.

He quickly went to the railings of the house and stick his head out on the window to look at you.

He saw how you're pulling and tugging his sister with you before the two of you went inside Casita.

The tiles clapped happily when you stepped inside.

"Hola, Casita!" You greeted the house cheerfully.

Upon hearing your voice. Camilo, still nervous with your presence around him- quickly hid inside his room.

His heart beat quickened and breath hitched ever so slightly.

He accidentally slammed the door shut which made you snap your attention to the second floor when you heard it.

"What was that?" You wondered out loud.

Dolores pulled you upstairs and went infront of Antonio's bedroom door.

"That's just my hermano, Camilo." Dolores stated before knocking softly on the wooden door of her youngest brother's bedroom.

"Oohhh, he must be in a hurry then." You brushed it off without any single bad thoughts and focused on the task at hand.