32

Camilo and his cousin, Mirabel, are now looking everywhere for Antonio.

Pepa told them to go back to Casita to check up on the youngest Madrigal because it's been two hours since they left him alone.

His brows furrowed when he didn't see his little brother inside his room, his heart beating fast in anxiety and fright.

"Oh no.. Tia Pepa would be upset.." Mirabel murmured, pacing back and forth on the corridor of the second floor.

They can't let Pepa have another thunderstorm, it's been weeks since they last saw the sun and the townsfolk are getting sick because of the cold weather.

Camilo closed his brother's bedroom door before he gripped the hem of his poncho.

"Just tell mami that he's not in his room, I'll keep looking for him." The shapwshifter stated, walking towards the staircase.

"But she'll get worried!" Mirabel exclaimed as the two of them made their way downstairs.

Camilo turned to her, crossing his arms as he frowned. "Would you rather lie then?" Annoyance dripping from his voice.

He's physically and mentally exhausted, he still haven't gotten over at the pain that he felt the other day, making his energy drained faster than usual.

"Lie about what?" Pepa chimed in.

Camilo and Mirabel jolt from their spot, their eyes widening slightly upon seeing the adults go inside the Casita.

"We're done at the town, mijo." Felix stated, seeing the confused expression of his son.

"Yes, now where is tonito?" Pepa quickly disregard her husband's statement and walked over to Camilo.

The shapeshifter stepped back a little bit, the grip on his ruana getting tighter as his heart beats faster as the second pass by. His mother just kept staring at him, waiting for an answer and yet he knew he wouldn't be able to give a satisfying one.

"Uh.. Tia, about that.." Mirabel trail off, nervous expression on her face as she glanced at Camilo.

Pepa furrowed her brows, dark clouds starting to form above her head. "Where is he, Camilo?"

Camilo let out a shaky breath, eyes looking everywhere as he avoid his mother's gaze. "We can't find him, mami—"

"TONITO'S GONE?" Pepa exclaimed, face paling and eyes wide in horror.

The dark clouds above her her let out a series of thunders, the atmosphere around them quickly getting thick whilst the wind blows roughly once again.

Agustin stepped closer to Julieta, holding her hand and pulling her away from Pepa, he didn't want his wife to get electrocuted accidentally.

"This is why I didn't want to leave him alone!" Pepa started packing back and forth, "But he kept in insisting that he's already a big boy and wanted to be alone, I should've left someone with Antonio now look at what happened! He's g—"

"Pepi, calm down." Felix walked closer to his wife, rubbing her arm soothingly and grasping her waist to pull her close.

"Our daughter would know where her brother is, she can hear everything remember?" The dark skinned man smiles reassuringly which calmed Pepa's nerves.

The two married couple embraced each other, the husband continued to rub her arm to soothe her nerves to prevent another storm from breaking out.

Felix shot his son a look, his head leaned against Pepa's shoulder as he mouth the words, "Look for your sister and ask her."