31

"I miss Y/n.." The youngest madrigal muttered, his eyes looking down on the stuff toy in his hand.

The grandchildren are all in one room so they can spend time together, it had been an awkward minute before one of them spoke.

"I'm sure she'll visit us soon, hombrecito." Mirabel cooed to her cousin, reassuring smile as she stroke the younger madrigal's cheeks.

Camilo could only keep his mouth shut, he knew that it was his fault why you aren't here with his family that's why he felt so guilty and still hurt. He doesn't know how to approach you anymore, his heart ache badly everytime he remembers how you smile so brightly at someone else.

Isabella and Luisa both shared a sad glance while Mirabel caress Antonio's head, keeping him distracted from the sad thoughts that he have for the past few days.

Another day had passed without you inside their home, another day had passed without them seeing your face, another day had passed without them enjoying your presence.

It was only a day and yet they felt like it was an eternity.

Antonio kept bugging them, he won't stop muttering and mumbling about you, asking about your whereabouts to the adults, searching for your attention and presence inside the Casita.

The little boy hasn't seen you for weeks, it's making him sad, lonely and devastated.

You're his friend, a warm, soft and gentle friend that he love so very much. He did his best to make you smile, laugh, happy and content just like how his big brother do so why are you avoiding him?

He knew that his big brother did something very wrong, but why would you also include him?

To say the least, he's hurt from your constant avoidance, but he's a madrigal.

And a Madrigal is stubborn so he'll do anything just to make you go and visit them again.

Without making her uncomfortable of course! Antonio chirped happily in his mind.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Afternoon quickly arrived, the older madrigals have some chores to do, making them leave the youngest one inside his room to play alone.

"Make sure to behave, okay mijo?" Pepa tucked in a lose curl behind his ear.

Antonio stood in his tippy toes and kissed his mother on the cheek, "Si, mami! I'll just play with my friends here."

He motioned at the big cat, the flock of different birds up in the tree and the other animals hanging around them.

Pepa smiled at him, kissing his forehead one last time before she left his room.

After hearing and seeing the door closed, Antonio waited for a good minute before two rats came rushing in and he quickly scooped them up.

"Is mami already out of the house?" Antonio whispered.

His big sister, Dolores, can hear everything so he's trying to be quiet as much as possible. He didn't want her to know about his little mission.

The rats let out a squeak making him smile widely, "ah, thank you so much for your service!"

"You can go back to Tio Bruno now!" He murmured and he placed the rats down on the floor then they scurried away from him, his eyes followed their movements until they are out of his sight.