18

Y'all made me happy so much with the feedbacks!

So here's the last chapter for today!

— [ ☘︎ ] —

The people of Encanto has spread around the town, with busy streets and stalls on the side.

It's an important day that was about to be held in town since Casita got rebuild. Everyone in town will celebrate the restoration of the magic.

But of course, what's a good event of magic restoration without a good date or escort?

"Are you sure that you're okay with mi hermano as your date for tommorow night?" Dolores asked for the 15th time that morning.

Since Camilo Madrigal is the brother of your best friend, you had to ask her permission to have him for one night. It's just one night and her brother is good enough to entertain you, but your best friend seem to think otherwise.

So you could only smile and rub her shoulder to reassure her.

"I'm sure. Who do you expect me to ask out for tomorrow? My mom?" You said, clearly joking.

Dolores shook her head, her ears picking up the sound of her little brother's panicked yells from Casita followed by her mother's nervous breathing then the loud crack of lightning.

"I don't think he'll be the perfect date.." Dolores murmured under her breath, she can hear clearly how her brother blabber about you to their mother.

Unfortunately, you heard her hushed words.

You raised a brow at her statement and put your hand on your hip, "Dol, your brother kept dropping the signs that he likes me."

Her breath hitched upon hearing that.

"And I've been feeling weird around him lately so I'm gonna confirm what I truly feel tomorrow night." You mused, a cheeky smile on your lips.

"He's an amusing and funny guy, Dolores, we both know that I'm not into younger guys, but your brother.. I don't know." You sighed.

"There's just something different about him and trust me, the last thing I wouldn't do is to marry my best friend's brother unless he approached me first." You poke her furrowed brows, smiling gently.

"You can just tell me if I'm not good enough for him." You stated.

She was about to object but you waved at her before scurrying away from her.

She watched your figure disappear on the crowds and she couldn't help but feel bad. She didn't mean to make you think that you're not enough.

She's just scared that something will change between the two of you and she already hated the thought of it.

She grimaced and started to walk back to Casita. Footsteps quiet and shoulders feeling heavy from guilt.

She just hope that you'll still talk to her later at lunch.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Camilo did not know how he got so bold, he don't know where he got the courage, but it was all blur for him.

You were planning to sit beside his sister but he called out to you so you can sit beside him, the others looked at him with shock and amusement, though, they decided to stay silent.

You're now sitting right beside the shapeshifter in their wooden table- outside the Casita.

The weather is nice and decent, Pepa instantly cheered up when you came into her sight.