40

The crescent moon dazzingly shine up in sky, it's majestic glow can be seen thorough the translucent clouds, surrounded by endless of violet and blues, the stars slowly emerged from their hiding and started to burn brightly for the world to see.

The cold and calming breeze that surrounded the evening with pleasant atmosphere seem to attract the nearby crickets and fireflies as they light up the dark surroundings with their glow.

The Madrigals thanked the powerful one above them that blessed them with a beautiful and calming atmosphere, it's such a perfect night for a lovely couple to be together.

The dinner table are full of lively laughs, wide grins and even happy conversation.

The laugh that escaped from everyone's mouth seem to make the atmosphere around all of you, lighter, no tension and no pressure. Just pure joy and excitement from the tone of each people inside the room.

Finally, the bell chimed, alerting the Madrigals, L/ns and the DeGuzmans.

Alma stood up, being the head of the large and magical family, she needed to be the one to bring up the upcoming matter to the table.

"I'm guessing that all of us, who have gathered here tonight, knows what is the special event that's about to happen?" Alma asked with a honeyed smile on her face, her wrinkled eyes bright with joy as she mentioned for Mariano to stand up.

"Our dearest Mariano here, have something that he would love to say to our lovely Dolores." Alma stated, sending an encouragement through her warm smile towards Mariano.

The man stood up, his mother pulled his chair away so he can kneel down in front of the love of his life.

Luisa assisted her cousin, pulling her chair and made her face to Mariano, she placed a hand on her shoulders to calm her nerves.

Dolores unconsciously lifted her hand to grasp Luisa's hand with her own, anxiety and nervousness running through her vain as she watched Mariano take out the red velvet box from his pocket and kneeling down in front of her.

"Dolores.. The love of my life, you're the most beautiful and loving person that I have met, you encouraged me whenever I'm struggling and having doubts. You're always there when I need someone, waiting and standing by my side to assist me, to make all my worries go away." Mariano smiled towards the tearing up Madrigal in front of him.

"You're the star that burns so bright in the sky, you shine so bright to the point I had my doubts, thinking that I wasn't enough for you." Dolores couldn't help but smile reassuringly, her eyes meeting his with so much love.

"That's why I kept pursuing to propose because I was afraid that someone else might take you away from me, mi amor. I was confused why you were rejecting every proposal I did but when mami pointed out what I was doing wrong.." The kneeling man stopped momentarily to smile towards his mother before looking back at Dolores.

"She told me that I have to ask your parents for permission to marry their beautiful, kind, caring and loving daughter so that's what I did.. Which lead to this." Mariano scoot a little closer to her, he opened the box and revealed the ring inside it.

"Dolores Madrigal, will you make me the happiest and the luckiest man in the world by saying yes to, will you marry me?" Mariano smiled wider.

All of you stared at Dolores, waiting for her response. The silence was too loud for all of you started to think that she will reject the De Guzman which really worried you.

You were just teasing her about rejecting Mariano's proposal tonight so you didn't know that shell take it seriously.

You held your breath, Camilo seem to notice your tensed up form so he slid his hand to yours. You didn't object and instead, you squeezed his hand with so much force that he thinks you'll break his hand.