13

"— Dolores! Are you listening to me?" Your voice bought out the young woman out of her thoughts.

She blinked and shook her head then she gave you an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, I was just thinking."

She's not really thinking, she was just busy eavesdropping at her little brother's and her Tia Julieta's conversation in the kitchen.

Which made her shift uncomfortably on her seat since from the way her brother blabber about you. It came out as if he's telling a whole story of novel romance novel.

"Alright." She looked at you, meeting your gaze. "What's inside that pretty head of yours?"

Dolores started sweating on her chair. She can't keep a secret for that long, especially when it comes to you.

She usually spill every hot tea that she had heard and then the two of you would continue talking over that topic for hours, but.. How can she tell that her little brother loves you?

She wouldn't betray her little brother like that—

Dolores pursed her lips, her eyes slightly narrowing towards her glowing door before going back to you.

She suddenly remembered the times when Camilo would mess with her, pulling pranks everyday, shape shifting as Mariano just to make her flustered, bribing Casita to help him with his mischievous plans and lastly, telling Mariano to propose to her. Non-stop.

Hm. She inwardly hummed. Maybe this could be my payback- my revenge.

It was tempting but she knew that it's confession that we're talking about here, serious feelings and thoughts.

She sighed deeply, slumping on her seat as she gave up the thought of snitching on her brother.

She knew how hard it is to confess your love to your beloved since she felt it before, considering that her cousin was betrothed to him months ago.

"Just wondering what's your opinion on my hermano." Dolores half lied.

She's been meaning to ask you that question, but her chores kept stopping her from asking and now, she had the chance. She wouldn't waste it and make it last worthwhile.

On the other hand, the question caught you off guard.

"Uhh.. I can say that your brother is interesting." You leaned back on her bed.

"He's sweet, kind and thoughtful." You chuckled.

Dolores perked up at the last word, "What do you mean by thoughtful?"

You glanced at her and rolled on your side, laying your head on her pillow.

"Yeah, there was this one time when I bumped into him in the town square, mama made me have a trip to the market thrice that day so I wasn't in the mood." You huffed, remembering the feeling you felt.

"Camilo seem to notice the scowl on my face so when I reached his spot, which is right next to the stall I was gonna buy to- he gave me a sunflower." You laughed