iii.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter three.

Katherine Pierce walked the streets of New Orleans before she went across the river, she didn't know if coming back was the best idea but when she heard Matthias had come back, she knew that it was time.

Katherine walked into Marcel's loft and the vampire rolled his eyes at her. "Katherine Pierce, look who's back."

Katherine shook her head and the two hugged on another. "I couldn't stay away forever could I?"

"Rumor has it you left cause Elijah had feelings for Hayley." Marcel teased her, knowing full well she hated Hayley Marshall.

"You know, if Matthias didn't love you like a son, I would so go for you." Katherine jokingly flirted with him.

Marcel laughed and went to pour her a drink. "Are you sure that's the reason and not because you're in love with Elijah Mikaelson?"

"Wow, call me out huh." Katherine scoffed before taking the drink he held out to her. "But I heard Matthias is back and this is me taking my time before he finds out that I too am back."

"He'll love that." Marcel laughed and Katherine hummed. "For now, you want to help me take care of few things?"

Katherine downed her drink before nodding, "Distract me so I don't rush over there."

"Your wish is my command." Marcel laughed again before wrapping an arm around her shoulder and dragging her away.

Katherine and Marcel had found that they got along quite well after Klaus had taken the crown for himself. The two often joked around with one another and Marcel helped Katherine when it looked as if Elijah was paying a little bit too much attention to Hayley.

It was an odd sight for Klaus, but he knew that Katherine was also trying to create a relationship with Marcel for Matthias' sake. They hadn't told Matthias about Marcel at the time, and he had only learned about Marcel when Rebekah called him to go back.

Still, Katherine did enjoy Marcel's company and she actually considered him a good friend.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Matthias and Klaus sat together, Klaus was reading, and Matthias was texting on his phone when Elijah walked into the room. The twins shared a look knowing that they were about to get an earful from the vampire.

"You took her on a witch hunt?" He asked the two incredulously.

"It was Matthias' idea." Klaus defended himself.

Matthias laughed and nodded his head, "It was."

"But I simply wanted to persuade those witches to locate the fake white oak stake for me. When they proved unable to do so..." Klaus smirked, "I let Hayley have her fun."

"She grows more savage by the day!" Elijah snapped at them. "Can you not see that she is falling apart?"

"Perhaps the problem is your high standards?" Klaus shot back at him as Elijah paced the floor of the dining room. "Hayley is one of us now. Being a vampire only exaggerates what you truly are, and wolves are wild things. She knows she can never live up to that pretty little picture you painted of her in your head. Your judgment only hurts her more."

"I am trying to help her." Elijah stressed, ticking off Matthias in the process. "And I asked you to help her, brother."

Klaus snapped his book shut and angrily stood while hitting the book against the table. "I am helping!" He shouted at Elijah. "You should have seen her last night, covered in witches' blood and smiling from ear to ear! She is embracing this. A little less criticism from you, and Hayley will be just fine."