li.

chapter fifty-one.

Elijah Mikaelson was dead.

Five hours after being bitten, he had withered in pain on the floor of the Strix mansion before desiccating completely and his entire sireline going with him.

There was an hour of silence in the Mikaelson Compound, despite harboring no feelings for his older brother, Matthias knew that Klaus did. Klaus was angry with Elijah and disappointed in him but there was a part of him that had misplaced hope that Elijah would come to his senses. The hour of silence was for Klaus and Rebekah.

Though Katerina had to admit that she was upset that she couldn't torture Aya more, but the female had to admit that she had great pleasure in ripping out Aya's heart and watching the life leave her eyes as she did so.

After killing Aya, Katherine had gone back to using her birth name, Katerina Petrova. It only seemed fitting as Nadia's last name was Petrova and not Pierce, plus it offered Katerina a bit of peace knowing that it was the name her mother had chosen for her.

Matthias had gone back to the mansion and collected Elijah and Tristian's body. You see, Matthias was only going to collect Elijah for Klaus but then he remembered that Aurora loved Tristian and would probably appreciate to have him while he would let Klaus decide what to do with Elijah's remains. Matthias placed Elijah's body into his coffin while carrying Tristian's dead body over his shoulder.

He glanced at Freya's body before deciding to burn her with the entire place. After making sure that his containment spell was up, Matthias chanted a single word and watched as the mansion was brought to flames and the flames never spread.

With a hum, he began to make his way home.

"Where are you taking me?" Bonnie giggled as Marcel lead her through the quiet streets of New Orleans.

"I'm going to show you around my home." He told her with a wide smile on his face. "This place used to be a warzone, but with Vincent having destroyed the ancestral plane and us all living in peace again, it's quiet." He explained to her.

Bonnie nodded her head, "It's beautiful." She told him with a smile. "So where are we going first?"

"You'll see." Marcel told her with a smile on his face.

Marcel had met Bonnie online through a dating app, both were told to give it a try and neither of them regretted it. Bonnie was hesitant at first but when the two had video chatted for the first time, she felt comfortable with the male and Marcel would dare to admit that he found her company to be comforting.

Bonnie was confused when Marcel pulled her into a small bakery but didn't say anything. An elderly woman entered from the back and a wide smile appeared on her face when she spotted so Marcel. Her gray hair shun slightly under the entering sun, her tan skin had slight wrinkles with freckles decorating her cheeks, and her green eyes stood out the most to Bonnie.

"Marcy, it's been a while since you've stopped by." The woman said and Marcel playfully groaned at the nickname he was given. "But by the lovely woman hanging off your arm, I understand why."

Bonnie's cheeks heated up as Marcel chuckled. "One, I still hate that nickname." He told the woman, and she rolled her eyes at him with an amused grin. "Two, this is Bonnie Bennett. Bonnie meet Eden, Eden meet Bonnie."

Eden's eyes widened as she looked at Bonnie, "A Bennett?"

"Yes." Bonnie nodded her head while unconsciously moving closer to Marcel.