xxvi.

Matthias' outfit above!

chapter twenty-six.

Matthias didn't get to leave town like he wanted too.

Instead, he found himself turning the car around and heading back, Rhea, Nadia, and Katherine had gone back to where Elijah was staying with Cami and Hope. Katherine didn't want to leave Nadia's side again and Matthias didn't want Rhea in New Orleans right now, so he told them to go much to their annoyance but decided that they didn't like having left Cami alone with the baby and Elijah.

Matthias carried himself towards where he could hear his twin talking to someone, who he didn't know, but he just wanted to know why he was called back. He walked upstairs to find Niklaus with an unfamiliar person, but he didn't dwell on it much.

"This family makes me want to murder people." Klaus said with a sigh.

"That's never really stopped you before." Matthias spoke up, making them both turn around.

"Matthias." The unfamiliar person spoke with a smile.

Matthias looked at the witch before looking at Klaus, he had no interest in her. "So, I refuse to help you any longer and you find yourself a new witch, funny."

Klaus rolled his eyes at his brother. "Matthias, I do believe you remember our dear sister."

"Your dear sister." Matthias corrected him before looking at Rebekah. "I was hoping you'd be more injured." He confessed with a shrug. "No worries, why have I been called back."

"Finn has Marcel." Klaus told him and he noticed how Matthias' eyes darkened.

"I see my timing is as impeccable as usual." Kol spoke up from behind.

Matthias smiled at him. "Always did have great timing." He joked and Kol cracked a smile.

"Well, the traitor just thinks he can waltz in here like he's welcome." Klaus said appalled.

"As gracious as your apology better be, you're still getting one hell of a slap!" Rebekah shouted at him.

Matthias stepped in front of Kol and grabbed Rebekah's raised hand. "You're not touching him." Matthias told her before shoving her backwards into Klaus. "In fact, neither of you are because I'm tired of you all hurting him despite my feelings so, new rule, you touch him, I get to hurt you 100 times worse."

Klaus and Rebekah looked shocked at Matthias' words, this wasn't like him. He wouldn't ever threaten them, well he would, but his tone was so promising, and they knew that he was done.

"Matty, I need your help and as much as I hate to say it, I need theirs too." Kol said while placing a hand on Matthias' shoulder.

Matthias was about to question him when Klaus just laughed dramatically while Rebekah got more upset with his request. "Figure out how to do your wicked little body-swap, and then we can talk about help."

Matthias rolled his eyes at her and turned to look at Kol. "What's happened?"

"The dark magic in Finn has taken him over more than I thought." Kol told him sadly. "When he released me from the chambre de chasse, I thought that there was progress but with the more he uses that body while that spell is in place, we lose him more and more."

"What has he done?" Matthias asked worriedly as he took in Kol's appearance.

"He's locked me in this body -- no more jumping. He's put a curse on me, Matty. I am dying." Kol told his brother.