xlix.

chapter forty-nine.

moments before Marcel bit Elijah.

Matthias had found where Tristian was hiding and used his magic to break down the door. Tristian was facing the window as he heard Matthias enter the room, but he didn't flinch at the loud entrance.

"Are you ready to die?" Matthias asked him lowly.

Tristian loosened his tie and turned to look at Matthias, "I prepare to go down fighting."

Matthias smirked at this and chuckled. "Good, because it would be boring to kill you without a fight." Tristian laughed before the two sped at one another.

Matthias easily managed to grab Tristian and slam him down onto the desk, snapping it in half in the process. Tristian hissing pain as he maneuvered himself and punched Matthias in the face with as much strength as possible. Matthias could taste his blood as he staggered slightly from the impact, Tristian attempted to land another blow, but Matthias ducked and punched him in the stomach.

Tristian held back from hunching over in pain when he felt the crack and went to swing but Matthias had already kicked him in the stomach and sent Tristian into the wall. Tristian groaned in pain but rushed at Matthias, wrapping his around his torso and tackling him into the nearest wall prompting it to crumble at the impact.

Bonnie arrived on the scene with wide eyes before going back the way she came; Matthias didn't need her, and she would only be in the way if Tristian tried to use her as leverage.

Matthias wrapped his arms around Tristan and squeezed as hard as possible, making Tristian let out a small shout as his ribs cracked painfully. Pushing away from Matthias, Tristian panted as he wondered why he wasn't healing before he let out a scoff.

"Using magic to keep me from healing?" Tristian questioned him. "Afraid that I'll win?"

Matthias laughed as he stood to his feet. "No, I just want to see you in pain just as I caused Lucien before I killed him." He stated while cracking his neck. "I'm going to enjoy killing you."

Matthias' eyes glowed and Tristian slightly shivered in fear as Matthias ran for him. With Matthias now using his werewolf abilities, Tristian was struggling to block his blows. Matthias was either throwing punch after punch or kicking Tristian into walls much to the male's annoyance.

Matthias was annoyed and angry, he wanted to rip Tristian to shreds and felt a wide grin appear on his face when he tore off Tristian's right arm with ease. Blood sprayed every where as Tristian screamed out in pain, his entire body was trying to heal his arm but with Matthias blocking that part of his vampire abilities, that wasn't going to happen.

Downstairs, Marcel gained the upper hand against Elijah.

Elijah was weak from his fight with Klaus and Marcel was currently fueled by his rage, a talent that he no doubt learned from Matthias.

"I hate you." Marcel seethed as he held Elijah in a chokehold. "I hate you so much and I am going to make sure that you never hurt Klaus or Matthias ever again." Marcel told him before sinking his fangs into Elijah's neck.

Elijah let out a loud scream, his scream spreading throughout the entire mansion and causing every vampire to freeze.

Elijah's scream had distracted Tristian, and it was the distraction that led to Matthias successfully wrapping his hand around Tristian's cold heart. Matthias grinned at the wide-eyed Tristian; his eyes were pleading with Matthias to let him live but Matthias would never grant him that mercy.