xlv.

chapter forty-five.

Katherine woke up with a groan as she looked around her surroundings, her eyes were squinted as she tried to grow accustomed to the blinding light but that seemed impossible with her pounding headache.

"Oh, you're awake, good!" Aurora's cheerful voice pierced Katherine's eardrums and she held back a groan. "I was starting to think that I actually killed you."

"That would be so much better than hearing your terrible accent." Katherine told her with a groan. "I would much rather be dead."

"Don't worry darling, as soon as Elijah gets my note and comes for you, you will be." Aurora told her with a smile on her face.

Katherine wanted to laugh, she just hated that she was in too much pain to do so. Aurora had no idea what she was doing, she didn't know that Elijah and she were no longer anything and that Matthias was going to have her head for touching her.

"I should warn you that once Matthias finds me because he will, not Elijah, you're dead." Katherine told her with a smirk.

Aurora stilled at this, "Why would Matthias care? You're dating Elijah."

"Was." Katherine corrected her with a sigh. "We've been broken up for three months now, over for longer seeing as Elijah can't seem to remain faithful to me, but I am Matthias' best friend actually and you're kidnapped the wrong girl." Katherine almost laughed at the look of horror in Aurora's eyes. "I killed the girl that Elijah cared for, ripped her heart out right in front of him actually."

Aurora had to admit that she was impressed, "So I'm late to the party then?" She pouted.

Katherine shrugged, "I mean unless you know another way to make him more excluded from his brother's then yes."

A wicked grin then appeared on Aurora's face as she quickly released Katherine from her restraints. "I do! Oh, and you're going to help me tell Klaus because I know that he will hate Elijah for it."

"Hate him more than he does now?" Katherine chuckled. "Sounds good to me."

Aurora handed Katherine a blood bag and Katherine downed it instantly before giving Aurora a thankful look when the female handed her another one.

Oh, how Elijah was in for a world of pain once Klaus was angry at him because then he would have the Original Twins to deal with.

"Oh, my god!"

Davina shrieked when Matthias walked inside the compound carrying Marcel's body. Matthias paid her no mind as he carried Marcel up to his room and laid him on the bed.

"He's still alive." Bonnie rushed in telling Matthias. "I talked to Grams, only for a moment, and she told me that he isn't dead. Elijah only activated the serum."

"What did they do to him?" Matthias asked her as he looked at Marcel, a terrible ache in his chest.

Bonnie sat on the other side of Marcel and held his hand. "Changed him. I don't know how exactly but something tells me that this Lucien person might know."

Matthias' features darkened and Bonnie could feel the deadly amount of magic that he was releasing as his emotions were getting the better of him. Matthias stood from his seat and with his heightened hearing, he could hear Lucien's ragged breathing down in the dungeons. Bonnie didn't even attempt to stop the tribrid and neither did Davina or Kol as he passed by them.

Lucien could hear someone coming, he had this whole speech planned out in order to egg on whoever it was, but he indeed was not expecting to see Matthias Mikaelson.