xxiii.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter twenty-three.

"What do you mean, you were bit?" Rhea exclaimed while looking over at Matthias worriedly.

"That wolf who tried to attack you, he bit me." Nadia explained to her. "I believe that Matthias' son has been bit as well."

Matthias stilled at this as he glanced back at Rhea. "What?"

"He's spacing out a lot and looks almost as bad as me." She said over the phone with a sigh. "Just stay safe, alright."

"I promise that we'll save you." Rhea told her softly.

Nadia hummed before hanging up the phone and walking over to where she could hear Marcel and Kol speaking with one another.

"It's Carillon Eve. The locals shroud the eyes of angels so the dead can walk among us for a night without judgment. The bells wake the dead and guide them to eternal rest. So, whether you live or die today, you can join the festivities." Marcel told him.

Kol let out a humorless laugh, "Oh, Marcel, you're gonna make certain that I live." He told the vampire. "Because not only am I the only one who knows where Rebekah is, but Matthias would kill you if I died."

"And you underestimate how hungry I am and how much I'd like to appease my hungry friends right outside that door." Marcel told him lowly.

"And just what would Davina say about that? Because I'm not one to kiss and tell, obviously, but, uh, I think she likes me." Kol told him, obviously trying to get under his skin.

"Oh, would you stop." Nadia spoke up, her accent making them look over at her. "Kol, I'm protecting you because Matthias asked me too but don't test me either."

Kol nodded his head and Marcel shot her a look of thanks, before he left the room and she followed after him, wanting to see his bite. Only Marcel started to blink rapidly before staring off into space and Nadia knew that the hallucinations were starting to kick in for him when they haven't yet for her.

"Marcel?" Gia called out to him. "Marcel!" Suddenly Marcel snapped back into reality to see that everyone was looking at him concerned. "You alright?" She asked him.

"Yeah." Marcel nodded. "Just hungry, that's all." He lied before leaving with Nadia in tow. "Why are you following me?" Marcel asked her once they were away from the vampires.

"I want to see it." Nadia told him and Marcel looked at her in faux confusion. "I know you were bit because I was too." Nadia lifted her sleeve and Marcel looked at the bite that looked as nasty as his own.

Marcel showed her his forearm and Nadia hummed. "Without Matthias or Klaus' blood, we're going to die." He told her.

"Matthias loves you, he'll save you." Nadia told him.

"Matthias is angry right now." Marcel told her. "Any love he feels for anyone is gone right now and he's overcome with rage. I should know, he raised me after all."

Nadia nodded her head. "Ever stop to think why he's so angry?" She asked him and Marcel glared at her softly. "I'm only saying that if Klaus stopped doing things behind Matthias' back, if you all took his feelings into consideration as well, you wouldn't be losing him right now." She explained.

Marcel was about to speak when they suddenly heard Gia let out a cry of pain. Rushing over, the two spot Kol with Josh and Gia.

"Anyone care to explain what's going on?" Marcel asked while lowering Kol's hand and breaking the spell.