xxxvii.

chapter thirty-seven.

"Let me out!"

Katherine banged against the barrier that kept her locked in Matthias' room.

"Let me out or I swear to god I'll kill myself!" She shouted, waiting for someone to answer her.

When she got no response, Katherine ripped off her daylight ring and rushed into the peeking sunlight. She let out a scream of agony as her body began to blister and light up in flames until suddenly she was knocked out of the light and being held against the wall.

"Are you out of your mind?" Elijah asked her.

Katherine shoved him away from her as she slipped on her ring. "Let me out."

"I cannot do that." He told her. "You'll attempt to undagger Klaus."

"Because he doesn't deserve that!" Katherine shouted at him. "You know he didn't kill Aiden, you know that they'll never forgive you for this!"

"I did what I had to!" Elijah told her. "Had I left Niklaus standing, the very army protecting hope would have revolted."

Katherine slapped Elijah in the face, a look of disgust on her face. "Don't stand there and lie to me about this being for Hope. You did it because Hayley asked you too, if she had asked you to find another way you would've done it, wouldn't you?" Elijah remained silent and Katherine scoffed. "Get out."

Elijah left the room and Katherine fell to her knees, she covered her mouth as a sob left her lips. Her chest felt heavy, and she was finding it hard to breathe, was this what constant heartbreak felt like? If it was then Katherine hated it, she hated it because it was all because the man she loved was continuously hurting her with no care about her feelings.

Katherine hated that she loved him, that there was a part of her that yearned for him, that wanted to defend his actions, but she couldn't. Not anymore.

Katherine shut her eyes and took a deep breath, and just like that, it didn't hurt anymore.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

"I said release me!" Rhea demanded.

"You know I can't do that." Hayley told her.

"You have no right!" Rhea snarled at her. "I am capable of making my own decisions."

Hayley looked at her and felt guilty. "Rhea, if I left you then I would never forgive myself. You would be taken by Dahlia, and I would never forgive myself for that."

"I'm never going to forgive you regardless, Hayley!" Rhea yelled at her. "You've kidnapped me and think that when I get that chance, I'm not going to kill everyone here!?" Rhea gave her a dark look. "You're so wrong because trust me, you're going to regret this."

Finally, they arrived to where Jackson was, Rhea snarled when she saw Elijah. Rhea couldn't do any magic right now due to the lobelia flower that Hayley had been sneaking into her food and drinks, plus with a hybrid watching her, she knew that she wouldn't get far.

"Elijah." Hayley called out to him. "You shouldn't be here."

"We have another plan." Elijah spoke. "Rebekah and Davina found a way, if we can replicate Hope's magic we can lure Dahlia into a trap." He explained while keeping his eyes on Jackson. "After which, I'll kill her myself." He said before turning to face Hayley. "All we need is a vial of Hope's blood and Rhea's."

"You aren't coming anywhere near me!" Rhea shouted from her spot behind a wolf.

"I'll give you her blood." Hayley told him. "I'm trusting you, Elijah."