xliv.

so sorry for the late update! I promise that I'll try to update again tonight or tomorrow night! but enjoy and also a surprise for my faves at the end!

chapter forty-four.

A scream filled the room as Kai had just finished cutting out Lucien's spleen with a wide grin on his face.

"His spleen?" Elijah asked with a frown. "Really?"

Kai rolled his eyes as he placed it into the mason jar to keep. "Yes, because Matthias will love it as a present after I kill him for touching Katherine."

"Again, I didn't take her!" Lucien shouted with a pant. "I simply hired some men to capture her and deliver her to Tristian."

"Gotta love compulsion." Klaus smirked as he entered the room with the supplies. "Now, I'm a fan of getting bloody as you know Lucien, but today I'm thinking we fry your brain just a little bit until you tell me what it is that you're all planning."

Lucien hated that he had gotten himself compelled, that he hadn't been more cautious like he was told by Tristian. "I don't know what you're talking about." He lied.

"You cannot lie to me Lucien." Klaus told him. "What are you planning?" Lucien's jaw clenched as he tried his best not to speak. "Tell me!" Klaus shouted at him.

"You're already too late." Lucien gasped out. "We've already completed everything; it was simple with the help of Vincent Griffith not that he had a choice."

"What are you talking about?" Elijah asked him with narrowed eyes.

"You're too late, the fall of the Mikaelson's is already here." Lucien laughed before letting out a gasp of pain when Kai shoved a metal pipe into his stomach.

"I would start speaking otherwise I'll let Kai off the leash." Klaus smirked as Kai pushed the pipe further into his stomach and twisted it. "What did you do Lucien?"

Lucien, having no choice in the matter, told him everything. "For three months, I've been collecting the venom from all seven packs in order to create a better version of you. An upgraded original if you will, one that can kill you with only a single bite."

"Impossible." Elijah denied.

"Oh, but it is possible." Lucien laughed, "We already picked our candidate for it as well. Marcel Gerard."

At the mention of Marcel, Klaus' heart sunk. "Marcel would never betray Matthias and I like that."

"Wouldn't he though?" Lucien smirked. "I mean with the help of the ancestors and a controlled Vincent Griffith; Marcel just might magically turn to our side."

"They're going to use the ancestors to control him." Kai figured out with narrowed eyes. "Change him against his will probably, but Marcel is loyal and with Matthias' magic protecting him, I doubt whatever spells you use will work on him."

Lucien's jaw clenched at this, but he was still positive that it would work. "No matter how strong Matthias is, he's not powerful enough to stop the ancestors who quite frankly hate you lot."

Before anyone could speak, Elijah's phone went off and he quickly pulled it out to see that it was Rebekah calling him. "Rebekah, what is it?"

"It's Freya!" Rebekah rushed out. "The Strix have taken her and Nadia."

At the mention of Nadia being taken, Kai was livid. He had grown close to the girl and saw her as a friend at this point. If something happened to her, Katherine would have his head, but he would also never forgive himself for it.