xxii.

chapter twenty-two.

Rhea had her hands over the barrier and her hands started to glow, shocking Davina and the others. They had never heard of siphon, well Davina had from all her research on witches and other covens, but to see one in person was fascinating to her.

Rhea suddenly gasped as she stumbled backwards, and Matthias caught her. "It's a lot of magic." She panted. "I'm full and the most I've done is weaken it."

"Kol's gone to talk to Klaus." Matthias told her. "We'll get this barrier down."

"Matthias." Nadia called out to him with groan and Rhea even let out a groan of her own. "Something's wrong."

Matthias frowned as he looked at the two before looking around and noticing that all the vampires were on edge. He faintly could hear his brother talking to Marcel and knew that it was Finn messing with them.

Gia exited the room with Josh and got the vampires to move to one side of the room with the wolves on the other. Matthias had Rhea on his lap, Nadia beside him as they watched things play out and waited to see if they needed to step in.

Suddenly, a vampire bumped into Jared and the two glare at one another, their foreheads practically touching as the two species stand to their feet, ready to fight.

"Enough." Matthias shouted and all of them fell to the ground, clutching their heads in pain. "If I have to break you up again, someone's dying." He promised and the two species glared at one another before backing off.

Rhea let out a groan and Matthias kissed the side of her head, with her being pregnant and Finn's spell messing with her, her hunger was ten times worse than normal. Nadia was fighting her hunger barely but managing very well much to Matthias' surprise.

Finally, after several more minutes, Davina returned, and Matthias set Rhea down next to Nadia before going over to the two. He watched as they started passing ingredients to one another so that they could start their spell, but their spell meant that Nadia couldn't leave the compound and both Rhea and Matthias weren't going to leave her.

Matthias turned around at the sound of Jared's voice once more. "What are you looking at?"

"You want a piece of me?" The vampire asked after shoving Jared backwards.

Jared then picked up a nearby table and smashed it into pieces, before he and another werewolf quickly picked up two wooden legs to use as stakes. When Jared swiped it at one of them, Aiden rushed to his feet to break it up.

"Hey!" He shouted while putting a hand on Jared's shoulder.

At this, Jared swiped at Aiden and cut his forearm and all hell broke loose. Matthias watched as Nadia and Rhea held one another as the vampires began to circle around Aiden. A vampire tackled Aiden down and another rushed at him as well, both prepared to feed when Josh stepped in before Matthias could.

Josh snapped one vampires neck while tossing the other backwards which Jackson caught him and tossed him away while Marcel held back Jared from attacking again. Aiden looked at Josh gratefully but even Josh was starting to succumb to his hunger.

"Joshua." Klaus shouted as he entered the room and appeared in front of Aiden. "You get away from him right now."

"Start the spell." Matthias said and the two witches began while the others struggled to hold everyone back.

The two started chanting once more and Marcel was still holding onto Jared and Nadia was also holding back a wolf from going after Rhea. She didn't know why the wolf even attempted to attack them, but she was holding her breath as she held him in order to ignore the hunger.