xliii.

chapter forty-three.

"Honestly what was your plan here?"

Katherine was currently tied to a chair with vervain-soaked ropes, each breath she took felt like she was swallowing razorblades due to the vervain in the air, but she knew that they were only being thorough so that she didn't escape.

"I mean, Matthias is going to find me if Klaus doesn't first, but I will definitely hate to be you if Kai finds me first." Katherine said with a laugh before groaning in pain. "You're going to die."

"I hardly believe that." The unfamiliar woman spoke from outside the door. "You see, we have a plan and seeing as the hybrid twins are outnumbered, I can only see victory."

Katherine let out a painful scoff. "I cannot wait to watch someone rip your heart out." She told the woman before coughing in pain.

"You should save your strength." The girl told Katherine with a smirk on her face. "You're going to need your strength if you plan to see the fall of the Mikaelson's."

Katherine only made her head fall forward, pretending to fall unconscious until the woman walked away from her cell door. Katherine waited for a moment before tugging on her restraints, she ignored the burning sensation from the vervain and continued to pull, until finally, she got loose.

A devious look appeared on Katherine's face as she started to plan out her escape, she just had to stay alive.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Kai and Klaus arrived at the penthouse location that Kol had sent him. Of course, Lucien chose one of the new buildings because of the luxury view, Lucien was never subtle.

The two didn't wait and Kai used his magic to blast the door off its hinges and flying into the apartment. A scream could be heard but neither male cared, neither male paid any mind when Elijah appeared beside them shortly after.

"Was that really necessary?" Lucien's voice filled the silent apartment as he came into view. "You could've knocked."

"Knock?" Kai asked with a tilt of his head. "Why would I do that when I could just blast it open with the spells that Matthias taught me?"

Klaus couldn't help but chuckle. "We don't have time for pleasantries Lucien. Where is Katherine and do not lie to me."

Lucien pretended to think about it before shrugging. "I haven't a clue who that is."

"Lucien, you'll do well to tell us where she is." Elijah spoke up and the two males beside him tried their best not to roll their eyes at his stern tone. "Need we remind you who you're up against?"

Lucien laughed and was about to speak when suddenly there was a chill of wind that entered the room, signaling that someone had entered via vampire speed. Klaus' eyes widened along with Elijah's when Hayley was standing behind Lucien, her eyes glowing before she bit Lucien in the neck before shoving him forward and into Klaus' awaiting grasp.

"Matthias called after he changed us back from wherever he is." She explained while wiping her lip clean of blood. "He'll be here in two days so that give us two days to save Katherine before Matthias kills everyone for not getting her back sooner."

"How are you here?" Elijah asked her confused.

Hayley rolled her eyes and cracked her neck. "Matthias lifted the curse temporarily so that I can help find Katherine." She said. "I owe Katherine everything for what she's done the past three months. So, let's drain him because he tastes like vervain then compel him."

Klaus kept his face and tone void of emotion as he spoke, he was still livid with Hayley for trying to take Hope from him. If she didn't want to co-parent with him then he would've been fine with fighting for Hope in court fair and square, but the route she took was unforgivable.

"Kai, let's show our guest what happens when he touches family." Klaus smirked while Kai grinned, a certain gleam in his eyes that almost put Kol to shame.

"Oh, with pleasure."

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Heels clicked against the floor and Katherine lifted her head when they stopped in front of her cell door. Katherine looked terrible, she had dark black bags under her eyes, she looked sunken in from the draining of blood from her system, and she looked just overall close to death.'

"Come to watch me rot?" She asked with a hoarse voice.

"No, I'd rather much have you on my side." Katherine lifted her head a little more at that accent that reached her ears. "That names Aurora, it appears that my brother has lost his manners."

"Tristian or Lucien?" Katherine asked with a cough. "Either way, you can go to hell."

"Now that's not nice, I'm here offering my help and you're slapping my hand away." Aurora pouted playfully. "We have a common enemy, Elijah Mikaelson."

Katherine frowned at this before realization hit her. "Ooooo, you're the vampire he compelled to pretend to be Rebekah for the better half of a century." She laughed softly. "Sorry, but I got my revenge on Elijah already and Matthias, Klaus, or Kai will come for me so you're all going to die." Aurora's eyes lit up at the sound of Klaus' name and Katherine noticed this. "Oh, you're also Klaus' second love."

"I am his epic love." Aurora corrected Katherine sharply. "I love Klaus for him, I never ask him to change or be better, I accept him for all his flaws."

Katherine hummed, "Which sounds lovely and all, but I don't know you, I've heard stories and so I don't trust you."

"Trust is nothing more than the figure of the mind." Aurora waved off as she entered the cell, after turning off the vervain ventilation. "I want to hurt Elijah a little bit and a little birdy told me that you're the key to doing that."

Katherine was about to respond, to use her free hand to attack, but Aurora was faster and snapped her neck before she could even say anything. Aurora smirked as she looked at Katherine, ideas coming to mind for how to get back at Elijah, but Aurora wasn't as filled in as she thought.

While she would get back at Elijah this way, she was no where prepared for the wrath to come that was Matthias and Klaus Mikaelson.

a little surprise for my Aurora de Martel loving friends!

I had to introduce her but not in the way most thought I would muahahaha. this way is more fun and we get more blood and stuff coming. next, we see some Tristian moments, and I am excited for them because ... bloody Klaus, that's all I'm saying!

okay okay, I'm done and excited.

till next time!

- m a r i e