xxxv.

Matthias' outfit is above!

as promised!

chapter thirty-five.

A lot has happened in the past couple of days.

With Matthias having to help save Rebekah and in turn saving the children from Eva Sinclair. Freya killing Esther which Matthias found amusing before warning Freya that it would be him who killed Mikael.

Matthias, Klaus, and Mikael going against Dahlia with the weapon Klaus allowed Mikael to make using the false ingredients. Matthias killing Mikael thus invoking a wrath in Freya that she didn't know she had.

It was safe to say that Matthias was ready for this to be over.

He had already crafted the correct blade he needed to kill Dahlia and all that was left to do was wait. Of course, Klaus and Matthias were playing the part given to them, if his siblings wanted to treat them as children then they would do as they pleased from here on out.

Matthias sat with Klaus in his art room, Klaus was painting while Matthias was flipping through a book he was reading. Rhea was spending the day with Davina and Katherine, so he decided to stick with Klaus.

"You two do understand there is no time?" Klaus stopped painting to look back at Elijah before going back to his painting. "Niklaus, if Mikael's ashes are the key to ending Dahlia, then surely you must see the need to share their whereabouts."

"I see nothing of the sort." Klaus told Elijah as he continued to paint.

Elijah began to walk over to him. "It is no secret that you often strategize while painting. I assume you have a plan, here."

Klaus stopped painting as he looked at Elijah. "You ask that I share our strategies so you can run straight to Freya and bring her into the circle of trust? I think not."

"It is too dangerous for you, brother. You cannot do this alone." Elijah attempted to plead with Klaus.

"And who should I trust to protect Hope? Our new-found sister with duplicitous motives of her own? Hayley, whose allegiance to her husband grows stronger by the day, or how about Jackson, the self-declared king of the wolves?" Klaus asked as he set down his paint, grabbed a different color and returned to his canvas.

"You need only trust me." Elijah told him.

"Trust you?" Matthias laughed and Klaus nodded with his brother. "There is no trust left for you Elijah, you lost all that trust a long time ago, Klaus is now only realizing it while I have for centuries now."

Klaus nodded his head in agreement. "Plus, you have not been the same since mother got inside your head." Elijah was offended and moved away from Klaus. "Your judgment is not what it was, you are not what you were. The Elijah we know would never have clung so desperately to the word of a duplicitous stranger, telling him what he wants to hear." Klaus told him angrily.

"Freya is our blood, brother. She also has every reason to want Dahlia's demise! We have no cause to distrust her." Elijah stressed to them.

"Which is a far cry from being trustworthy." Matthias scoffed.

"She may have helped with Finn, but only after she herself resurrected him, and though lauded for helping save Rebekah from Eva Sinclair, how do we know she didn't have a hand in waking that demon in the first place?" Klaus asked him.

Elijah stepped close to Klaus, "Niklaus, if we cannot trust one another, we can't work together."

Klaus sighed and returned to his painting before speaking after a moment. "No, we cannot but that's why I have Matthias at my side."