xi.

Katherine's outfit is above!

yes it's a Katherine based chapter!

chapter eleven.

Katherine was bored as Klaus interrogated the man in front of him, she knew that Esther had Elijah, but they were trying to find out where she was hiding.

When the man gave them nothing of use, Katherine's face vamped out and she attacked him. Klaus simply watched her as she drained him before ripping his head off, but there was a frown on her face as her chest heaved up and down.

"What's wrong?" He asked her softly.

"I don't feel better." Katherine told him. "Usually killing makes me feel better but I don't feel better. I feel nothing but rage and I can't sit still until I know that they're okay."

Klaus placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it softly. "We'll bring them home." He promised and Katherine nodded before they exited.

Klaus went to his room where she could hear him talking with Hayley, but she simply sat on Elijah's bed with no care for the blood that covered her body. After a few moments, Hayley nodded on the door and Katherine looked up to meet her gaze making Hayley flinch at the sight of her.

"Do you want to help me save Oliver while Klaus brings home his brothers?" Hayley asked her softly while sitting beside her. "Or we can take a moment, sit here together?" She offered.

Katherine gave Hayley a sad smile and Hayley was shocked when Katherine pinched the bridge of her nose and let out a sniffle. Katherine was crying, something that Hayley had never witnessed except for when she was yelling at Klaus the other day.

"You can talk to me." Hayley promised her while wrapping an arm around Katherine and pulling her close.

Katherine sighed and didn't hide her face. "I'm scared, Hayley." She confessed. "I know that they're going to be okay, but I'm scared about what she could be doing to them. Matthias suffered just as much as Klaus did with their parents, but Esther was a real bitch to him."

"She was?" Hayley frowned.

Katherine nodded with a scowl on her face. "Matthias said she wasn't happy that he had magic, she disregarded him unless he was hurt from Mikael or with Klaus. Matthias never really told Klaus how Esther made him feel like an outcast, like she regretted him and not Klaus, but I think Klaus knew. I think apart of him knew why Matthias never lingered around his mother for long."

"I didn't know that." Hayley told her. "Klaus just said that she loved all of them dearly."

"I have no doubt that Esther didn't love her children at one point." Katherine told her. "I think it got blinded and now it's just fucked. But with Matthias, there was just something ominous in her love for him."

"Well, he has us now." Hayley told her and Katherine's eyes widened slightly. "He has us and we're going to bring him home because he's family."

"You're right." Katherine nodded before leaning her head against Hayley's shoulder. "Let's take a moment, then let's go."

Hayley nodded and rested her head on top of Katherine's. "We can do that."

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

After showering and changing her clothes, Hayley and Katherine walked into Marcel's loft where Gia and he stood. Katherine made a face at the sight of Gia but bit her tongue, despite her feelings towards the baby vamp, right now she wanted to save Oliver.