xxx.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter thirty.

Kol was gone.

The spell that Rhea and Matthias had cast was a success and Kol upheld his end of the deal and left New Orleans so no further harm could come to him.

In addition to that, Katherine ended her relationship with Elijah before moving into Matthias' apartment. Nadia left to go with Kol, the vampire promising to keep the human safe much to Kol's annoyance, but he wouldn't dare admit that he found Nadia's company nice.

"So, what's the plan now?" Rhea asked Matthias as they settled into their living room.

"I want to save Finn before my brother's find him." Matthias told her. "Knowing Klaus, he'll go after Finn in a rage of grief, but he still refuses to acknowledge that Finn is spelled, or he just chooses not to care."

Rhea hummed. "And what of Freya?"

"Freya is nothing to me." Matthias told her. "She wants to give herself the title of our sister but to me, she's done nothing to earn that title and her just showing up doesn't change anything."

"I think you should linger around your siblings to see what's going to happen." Rhea told him and Matthias almost groaned. "I know you do not wish to be around them, but you can't just linger around me forever."

"I can try." Matthias joked and Rhea couldn't help but giggle. "You're right, but I'll wait until I hear something about Finn's whereabouts."

Rhea hummed and nodded her head, she leaned over so that her head was resting on Matthias' shoulder before closing her eyes. Matthias waited until her hearing evened out before standing and lifting her from the couch and into their room.

Katherine was tucked away into her room, she had stayed behind to be with Rhea whenever Matthias wasn't home. She wouldn't admit it, but she also stayed to see if Elijah would come running after her, he didn't.

Matthias promised to get the two out of New Orleans, he just needed to handle his family.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

Matthias followed the twin bond and it lead him to the cemetery.

"My child!" Matthias heard his brother say.

Matthias rushed to the scene where he saw Klaus holding Finn against the tomb behind him. There was a metal pike, likely from something in the cemetery lodged in Finn's abdomen.

"For what you would have done to Hope, to Matthias' child, I'm going to enjoy making you suffer." Klaus told him.

Klaus was about to push the pike further into Finn's abdomen but Matthias quickly ped over and threw his brother away from Finn. Klaus rolled against the ground and glared at Matthias when he spotted him.

"Of course, you'd protect him." Klaus spat. "Afterall, he and Kol were always your favorite."

"You don't get to talk about favorites, Niklaus." Matthias glared at him.

Klaus was ready to attack Matthias when Elijah then appeared and stepped in front of Klaus, blocking him from Matthias.

"You didn't answer my call." Elijah said.

"Well, I was a little bit busy." Klaus told him while glaring at Matthias still.

"I need him alive." Elijah told Klaus.

"I've no time for your soft-hearted sympathies." Klaus went to walk around Elijah, but Elijah blocked his path. "Stand aside." But Elijah remained in place.