xvii.

Matthias' outfit is above!

chapter seventeen.

"My job is to keep her safe."

Rhea walked into the room after Elijah's sentence. "Well, you can't do that if you can't even control yourself."

"And who might you be?" He asked her with narrowed eyes.

Rhea didn't even flinch when he ran at her, but Elijah didn't make it very far when Nadia appeared in front of him and held him against the wall to keep him away from Rhea.

"So, this is Elijah Mikaelson." Nadia commented while pushing away from Elijah. "Kind of disappointing from the stories."

"Nadia." Rhea scolded as the woman was now standing beside her. "He's dating Katherine."

Nadia made a face at that and scrunched up her nose. "I see."

"You know Katerina?" Elijah asked them. "Who are you?"

"Apologizes." Rhea cleared her throat and gave him a tight-lipped smile. "I'm Rhea Carlisle and I'm pregnant with Matthias' child."

Elijah's eyes widened and he looked at Rebekah who only shrugged at him. "I'm waiting for Matthias before we do anything. Plus, she is pregnant, and I'll leave it for Matthias to decide what to do since I'd rather not get on his bad side."

"Why would I lie?" Rhea asked in disbelief. "I gain nothing from this pregnancy, why would I choose Matthias Mikaelson out of the millions of people in the world?"

"Darling it's not secret that my family has money." Rebekah told her as if it was obvious.

"And if you believe that money is everything then you're just as shallow as most women in the world." Rhea told her sharply before turning on her heel and heading back to her room.

Nadia didn't say anything, didn't introduce herself and followed Rhea. She was there because of their deal, if Nadia helped protect Rhea then Rhea would make sure that she met her mother. Though the more time that they spent together, the two realized how much they enjoyed the company.

"Have you thought about baby names?" Nadia asked Rhea once they were in the room.

Rhea placed a hand on her growing bump and shook her head. "I'm afraid of Matthias not believing me, not wanting the child, so I haven't even thought about it."

"Well, you have six months to think about it." Nadia told her softly. "And I'll be there all the while."

"Even after meeting your mother?" Rhea asked her confused. "I thought you wanted to meet her more than anything."

Nadia shrugged, "I haven't completely thought about what I would say to her, but I know that I have to start somewhere."

"Are you still going to try and test her?" Rhea asked her.

"Maybe." Nadia shrugged again. "I'll know in the moment."

Rhea laughed and was about to speak when she heard the sound of a car pulling up. The two shared a look before making their way outside to where they spotted Hayley and Klaus holding their daughter with Matthias and Katherine walking up to them.

Matthias felt his entire body freeze when he spotted Rhea on the porch, there was a nervous smile on her face as she caught his eye. What was she doing there? Matthias was instantly in front of her and cupping her face with one hand, "What are you doing here? How are you here?"

"Rhea?" Hayley called out to her. "Oh my god." Hayley handed Hope to Klaus before rushing over and pulling Rhea into a hug. "I've missed you!"

"My favorite wolf." Rhea smiled as she returned the hug. "I've missed you as well."