xxix.

chapter twenty-nine.

All day.

Rhea and Matthias spent all day preparing the spell and making sure nothing would go wrong.

Kol didn't want to be a vampire again, Matthias knew that better than anyone that Kol hated it when he lost it magic. Matthias could remember how distraught Kol was, just as he was as well, and he can remember promising to Kol that one day, they would be able to do magic again.

Matthias got his wish, due to being a tribrid, and Kol now too since being put in a warlocks body.

"Alright, we're all set." Rhea nodded at Kol, who looked deathly pale.

"Let's go then." Kaleb said and Matthias helped him stand as he wasn't going to make it through the night at all.

The plan was to get Davina and their siblings over to the tomb, Kol would go for Davina while Matthias went to gather their siblings. Matthias would rather not have them around, but Kol wanted them there, there was still that piece of Kol that loved them and wanted them to love him back.

Matthias and Rhea waited until Davina and Kol returned to the tomb before he left leaving Rhea to make sure Kol didn't slip up. Davina knew of Kol's plan, but in order to keep Davina from stopping him from leaving New Orleans, they were going to let her believe that he was dead until Matthias knew that he was safe away from New Orleans.

Kol would come back when Matthias gave the okay, and that was enough to have him agree. Plus, that gave Kol time to find a way to remove the link between his brothers. Katherine and Nadia would join him after cutting ties in New Orleans, while Rhea would stay beside Matthias.

Matthias entered the compound and didn't bother looking at anyone. He could hear Hayley's voice and he followed it until he found her and Elijah together.

"Elijah." Matthias called out to him.

Elijah turned around and narrowed his eyes at Matthias. "Why have you come?"

Matthias scoffed, "Where's Rebekah and Klaus?" He asked. "I need to speak to all three of you."

"Rebekah should be hiding away in my room." Hayley told him and Matthias nodded.

Elijah gave Hayley one last smile before following after Matthias. Once Matthias had gotten Rebekah, the three walked into the nursey where Klaus was leaning over Hope's crib as she laid inside.

"Must you intrude on every moment?" He questioned and Matthias was almost amused to learn that he and Elijah were on the outs now as well.

"I'm not here to quarrel, brother." Elijah told him.

"Though that is what you two do best." Matthias spoke up and Klaus turned around at the sounds of his voice. "It's Kol. With the hex that Finn's put on him, I couldn't help him." Klaus was shocked at this, and Matthias could feel his twins pain. "He isn't going to make it through the night and while I can't for the life figure out why I'm here, I came to see if maybe you actually gave a damn about him to see him before he dies."

"Let's go."

Matthias and his siblings left the compound, and Marcel didn't miss the sight of them all leaving together. He couldn't tear his eyes away from Rebekah, though he wasn't sure if it was her, but he had his suspicions. For a moment, he tore his eyes away from the woman and then noticed Matthias leading the group and he was concerned as he watched them leave.

For the first time since being reunited with his dad, there was no emotion in his eyes and Marcel had never seen that before.

"I think I want to be alone for this bit."